Cthulhu
post Jan 1 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Filthy Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 4,407

hey guys,

tried to play some chiv on your servers, but a guy called JorisCeoen (or something like that) keeps votekicking me for no reason... it's really annoying... thx alot

grz Cthulhu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marsche
post Jan 1 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Knight

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 172
Member No.: 4,443

QUOTE (Cthulhu @ Jan 1 2015, 07:24 PM) *
tried to play some chiv on your servers, but a guy called JorisCeoen (or something like that) keeps votekicking me for no reason... it's really annoying... thx alot

There must have been a reason, Joris is a trusted regular.

Did he mention anything during the votekick(s)?

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post Jan 1 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Knight Errant

Thank(s): 283
Member No.: 4,445

It is in fact annoying. Try taking a screenshot of everytime that happens so we can deal with it properly.

Try your hardest to not hit teammates and the votes will always fail. Very rarely someone in =SM= servers is kicked with less than 15% of Team Damage.

+Quote Post
JorisCeoen
post Jan 1 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #4

Filthy Peasant

Thank(s): 2
Member No.: 4,536

The funny thing is that it only happened twice. The first time you had 100% TK and the second time after joining another round (about half an hour later) you had 33%. My rule of thumb is to kick everyone above 30% if I so happen to check the list and be able to kick, and this happened twice on your account. You can shove it off as 'always kicking' etc, but that is the actual truth. I votekicked you twice, and twice did the community support with over 55% of the votes, so yea what can I say more?

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post Jan 1 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Knight Errant

Joris could you not do that?Votekicking everyone with more than X% ?
It happens a lot of time that normal players have high TD%, specially at the beginning of games.
Unless it's a player that you have seen doing it on purpose, don't votekick like that. The system is flawed. A guy with 95% TD and 0/1/1 Could have just a couple of bad swings.

Blindlessly votekicking aeveryone based on TD% alone is not okay.
I usually go and spectate the people with >30% TD and very rarely I see a troll or a TKer. Most of the times, they are trying not to hit teammates, but are too noob to success.

+Quote Post
JorisCeoen
post Jan 1 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #6

Filthy Peasant

Thank(s): 2
Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE (AsDeR @ Jan 1 2015, 10:13 PM) *
Joris could you not do that?Votekicking everyone with more than X% ?
It happens a lot of time that normal players have high TD%, specially at the beginning of games.
Unless it's a player that you have seen doing it on purpose, don't votekick like that. The system is flawed. A guy with 95% TD and 0/1/1 Could have just a couple of bad swings.

Blindlessly votekicking aeveryone based on TD% alone is not okay.
I usually go and spectate the people with >30% TD and very rarely I see a troll or a TKer. Most of the times, they are trying not to hit teammates, but are too noob to success.

I will try to do my best although I can't guarantee that when I get TKed and I frustratingly quickcheck the TK list that I won't kick someone with insane amounts of TK. There are a lot of flaws in Chivalry, just assuming that everything would coincidentically be a result of a flaw is not something I wish to investigate time in.

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post Jan 1 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #7

Knight Errant

They guys with very high TD% that are actually attacking teammates get votekicked fairly fast. If someone with 90% is not being votekicked, is probably because it was an accident.
Please try not to judge players only by the TD% you see on the list.

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Jan 2 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #8

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

if someone feels that they're being unfairly victimised in kickvotes, probably the best thing to do is press F12 and get some screenshots (maybe include the teamdamage/idle time from the player list) & report it to any admins online. If repeated kickvotes happen without good reason then action can be taken. Same goes for failed kickvotes but with a good reason too!

At the end of the day if people have high teamdamage, they do tend to get voted off. I know accidents at the start of round do happen, but it's also commonly used as an excuse by people doing a few kicks/swipes at teammates at spawn. If an admin suspects it was just an accidental hit, they can always cancel vote by the command admincancelvote, then check up on the player and see if they're playing properly, taking appropriate action

The clan rules do state that people kickvoting should provide a reason, however mostly this isn't enforced as typically the reason (high team damage, racism, idle etc) is obvious. It's also perfectly fine if an admin wants to cancel a vote that has no apparent reason until a reason is specified or the player can be checked on.

but don't cancel votes if there's a legit reason smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:13 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com