> Reporting doreanh (aka . ) for admin abuse
Bertus
post Mar 27 2020, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Filthy Peasant

Group: Banned
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 5,613

I would like to report the admin known as doreanh or . for admin abuse on the Sneaky Monkey's server.

It's not that I am easily persuaded in reporting people and certainly not admins, but this is going too far.

Till this point in time, I've witnessed doreanh abusing his powers by changing the map and/or mode when he feels like it.
It's not that I often see him, but over the past couple of weeks I've seen him multiple times and twice he used his powers for what he believes is right.

The first time was a mapswitch right after the game ended, but it was a mapswitch set in motion by his own hand. Without any poll involved whatsoever.
Right after that happened I've had a chat with another admin (don't want to give a name necessarily) and that admin said it's not something exclusively prohibited but it shouldn't happen too often.

Today was the second time it occurred, and this time around doreanh even went as far as rejecting any polls that were started right at the start of HIS game of picking.
Multiple people, including myself and Sverker, were trying to poll but we couldn't get through doreanh.
I've made the following screenshot as well, at the beginning of that particular match, where doreanh is defending himself:

Clearly you see doreanh is replying here with that it isn't allowed to poll or cast a vote at the start of a match.
Which to me is quite odd since any other admin I've seen thus far always said it's allowed to poll at the start of the match. And for all I know it's commonly accepted on the Sneaky Monkey's server.

Since doreanh is basically stripping off the rights to poll or cast a vote for anyone in the server at the time, I did find this the worst. Hence why I decided to make a report.

I imagine it's my word against that of an admin, and I'm not reporting this to have doreanh demoted or anything. I just hope that this will come under the attention of the general authority so that they may judge as they see fit.

Furthermore I'd like to mention that the common player on the Sneaky Monkey's server known as OΛ ŚLMB Backstab fully supports my report as a witness.
And for all I know there may be more who're willing to testify against the actions of doreanh, since doreanh made his moves in a full server.

Thank you for reading this and kind regards,

[KH]Bertus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fightdrug *-*
post Mar 27 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Page

Group: Members
Thank(s): 31
Member No.: 5,553

maybe he just testet some new maps if they work on a public server or just in singleplayer ^^ were it workshop maps or normal ones ?

--------------------

Wuuuuuggggggiiiiii !!!!

+Quote Post
Bertus
post Mar 27 2020, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Filthy Peasant

No.

In this case it was the survival map with skeletons. Not Moor but the other one.
And these have been featured more than often on the Sneaky Monkey's server.

But that still doesn't set it right as to why he canceled polls send in by other participants and the bold statement that polls 'aren't allowed at the start of a map'.

+Quote Post
doreanh
post Mar 28 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #4

Sergeant

Group: =SM= Chivalry Group
Thank(s): 58
Member No.: 5,074

Let me make this clear,
There was already a failed vote before the vote that I cancelled, and keep voting right after the map change is annoying so I cancel it.

On the one hand, I only change map after the game end and only if there is no vote or the end-vote failed. This is only done after the scoreboard appear.

On the other hand, we already have a discussion about this and we had gone to the conclusion that there will be a limit as below:
1 + 2 (for each custom map, at least 2 regular maps) or 2 (2 custom then at least 1 regular map)
http://www.sneakymonkeys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3261

I already stated that to you several times. You keep talking about that and use the word "admin abuse" all the time. Not to mention that no one said anything but you.

Now, if you have anything unclear, just say it here and I am happy to answer it.

--------------------
Meowww

+Quote Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doreanh For This Useful Post:
AsDeR, NapalmBukkake, Raven
Hannibal
post Mar 28 2020, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Filthy Peasant

Thank(s): 2
Member No.: 5,619

I support [KH] Bertus in his Doreanh report.
I'm a common player of =SM= server(around 150 visits). Today I was a witness of (in my opinion) abuse of admin powers. I'm not an expert in such cases, but changing the map as you like and without asking others on the server seems like abusing. Furthermore on the end of next map Doreanh just stated that next map will be cursed, without any vote if people really would like it. Also shutting down polls (according to Bertus words) is even a stronger abuse. Additionally Doreanh said that votes on the start of the map are forbidden, which is basically a lie, because every other =SM= admin allows votes in first 2 mins. This type of admin actions is limiting freedom and democracy on =SM= servers and in my opinion shouldn't exist.

Best regards,
Hannibal

+Quote Post
Fightdrug *-*
post Mar 28 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #6

Page

Thank(s): 31
Member No.: 5,553

not many admins play at night, do you really insult a admin that get his ass on the server at night and hold with this trollers away from the server ? just because he change the map at the end ? that not really bad maps btw. too... sorry to say that but thats what i think

--------------------

Wuuuuuggggggiiiiii !!!!

+Quote Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fightdrug *-* For This Useful Post:
doreanh, NapalmBukkake, Raven
AsDeR
post Mar 29 2020, 07:38 AM
Post #7

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 283
Member No.: 4,445

Although it may look like abuse to you, it is allowed for an admin to change maps at the end of other maps if no vote has been made. It is also allowed and a "soft rule" to stop map voting at the start of maps.
Doreanh also explained his method and it seems fair to me, he is even respecting a ratio so people who wants to play the usual maps are content.

But here is something everyone should remember, admins are players too, and they want to enjoy the game too. And with the current state of chivalry a little variation is a good thing.
Enjoy this things with us people, propose maps or make a vote in-gam at the end of a map if you want to play the one you like. But if the vote fails, accept it.

+Quote Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AsDeR For This Useful Post:
Raven, Sir Robin (not so brave)
Bertus
post Mar 29 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #8

Filthy Peasant

QUOTE (doreanh @ Mar 28 2020, 07:11 PM) *
Let me make this clear,
There was already a failed vote before the vote that I cancelled, and keep voting right after the map change is annoying so I cancel it.

On the one hand, I only change map after the game end and only if there is no vote or the end-vote failed. This is only done after the scoreboard appear.

On the other hand, we already have a discussion about this and we had gone to the conclusion that there will be a limit as below:
1 + 2 (for each custom map, at least 2 regular maps) or 2 (2 custom then at least 1 regular map)
http://www.sneakymonkeys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3261

I already stated that to you several times. You keep talking about that and use the word "admin abuse" all the time. Not to mention that no one said anything but you.

Now, if you have anything unclear, just say it here and I am happy to answer it.

Firstly I'd like to apologize for my behavior in the chat on the server. To stir things up like that wasn't thoughtful of me, nor is the in game chat the place to discuss such matters.

Secondly, I will point out that the map you changed to one hour before my initial report, the Cursed map, was switched to rather quickly. I don't recall seeing a poll coming up beforehand.
Also, the polls which were send in immediately after the map switched to the Cursed scenario were all manually rejected. Not one single poll came through.

Yes, they may be annoying for you but from what I've seen happening thus far on the Sneaky Monkey's server when any other admins are present, is that they let the first 3 polls at least make it till their final stage.
Then they'll manually reject any polls send in till the end of the game, which is completely understandable. I can get into that.
But it's those first couple of minutes at the start of a match which can create a buffer for the players to give them a chance to poll and vote.
To at least give them a voice in what we as the whole server would like to play the most.

I've seen various admins in action and they've all got one thing in common related to this subject; they really tend to let the game flow as it is without intervening much.
Yes, they still keep an eye out for the polls and reject them manually after the 3rd/4th one got rejected by the playerbase, but they at least let the maps rotate themselves.
They're even sending polls in themselves if they think we should play a said map.
This kind of behavior seems to be very much appreciated by all.

Isn't it maybe an idea to at least try and take a step back and let the game flow as it is?
Because, should you've switched a map manually at the end and two or three polls ain't coming through for whatever reason, then we're still playing a match that's basically imposed by your will.
In my opinion, this already starts when you take matters into your own hand and switch the map manually.
Because without that intervention we probably wouldn't play that map in the first place, right?

To clarify something: I'm not saying you never ever should switch the map manually.
Sure, there are some instances when it can prove to be useful and beneficial. I understand that as well.
But in your situation specifically it seems to happen quite often, more often than usual.
That's what bothers me to some degree. And not only me. Others are bothered by it as well.

But I suppose I'm banging against an invisible wall here. One that cannot be seen by the majority of the players on the server, including myself.

Also, the topic that the link you shown is referring to, is not accessible for me so it's worthless concerning this discussion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:56 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com