IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SM server is a safe place for racists and neo-nazis?, Reported a proud neo-nazi, yet it seems that this is not a problem!
shammo
post Jun 28 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 4
Member No.: 5,625

Hi.

This is for those against racism and hate, and the SM server/site owner, as it seems the Admin's do not work properly.

Here's a clip, below, of a recent match where I reported a neo-nazi promoting player, "Death" Unit 88, and although the admin accepted that such behaviour is against the rules for the server, as it should absolutely be, there was nothing to be done because the admin did not happen to know what Unit 88 means...

... Even after being informed!!

So, it is clear that it's OK to play on the SM server and openly promote neo-Nazism and white supremacy.

Also below is also a link about Unit 88 for those who might not be aware.

Really, really sad sad.gif

https://streamable.com/wkifum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_88
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sir Robin (not s...
post Jun 28 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #2

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Trusted non-SM
Thank(s): 524
Member No.: 4,846

shammo, just because somebody tells me something, doesn't mean that I accepted it without checking. I am sorry if you were under that impression. But there's a good reason for this. Let's say that tomorrow somebody says that "shammo" is a really degrading and offensive racial abuse in Kambodia. Should I just ban you because of this person told me so?

I went to search about unit 88 between the matches (the player was silent during the entire game, he wasn't actively recruiting or trolling, so there was no need for immediate action) and I now know that it was a neo nazi organization. But at the start of the next round both the offending player and you left the server.

I first want to thank you for letting me know. There's no way of knowing all these organizations, so the name unit 88 didn't mean anything to me.

But to come here and write what you wrote is a knee-jerk reaction at best. I do not accept these allegations! WTF?!?

Of course, I am a part of this whole episode, so I am biased as much as you are. If the other players and my fellow admin think that my reaction wasn't adequate, and point to specific things that I should have done better, please do so. I am open to constructive critique.

+Quote Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir Robin (not so brave) For This Useful Post:
AsDeR, NapalmBukkake
shammo
post Jun 28 2020, 11:38 PM
Post #3

Peasant

Hey Robin.

*Major edit from my initial reply wink.gif

I get it.

Look, called it as I see it...

... Is a serious issue, especially at the moment, I think.

Appreciate your need to satisfy yourself of any comments made in-game, and didn't mean to single you out; was genuinely annoyed AF that something like this didn't seem to be noticed, and he was just getting away with spewing all that bile.

At least more people might now know what this guy promotes, and hopefully challenge it.

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post Jun 29 2020, 08:25 AM
Post #4

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 283
Member No.: 4,445

Or you could have, you know, contacted an admin and explained the situation?

Social media has done a lot of brain damage.

+Quote Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AsDeR For This Useful Post:
NapalmBukkake, Sir Robin (not so brave)
shammo
post Jul 2 2020, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Peasant

QUOTE (AsDeR @ Jun 29 2020, 08:25 AM) *

Have you watched the video I linked to?

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post Jul 2 2020, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 283
Member No.: 4,445

Nope, I was talking about you and your fast accusations via public forum.

+Quote Post
shammo
post Jul 2 2020, 10:32 PM
Post #7

Peasant

QUOTE (AsDeR @ Jul 2 2020, 08:56 PM) *
Nope, I was talking about you and your fast accusations via public forum.

You might notice, if you bothered to look at the video clip, that an admin was contacted in-game.

Here is the clip for you, again:

https://streamable.com/wkifum

+Quote Post
shammo
post Jul 2 2020, 10:41 PM
Post #8

Peasant

QUOTE (AsDeR @ Jun 29 2020, 08:25 AM) *

LOL, just noticed your point about "brain damage"...

... You think that all the current furore about the rise in racism and hate is "brain damage" cause by social media?

LMAO laugh.gif

Oh, the irony!

If you don't quite get my retort, please say so and I can reply with more direct language you might understand... Old chap.

+Quote Post
Sir Robin (not s...
post Jul 3 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #9

Knight Lieutenant

QUOTE (shammo @ Jul 3 2020, 12:41 AM) *
LOL, just noticed your point about "brain damage"...

... You think that all the current furore about the rise in racism and hate is "brain damage" cause by social media?

LMAO laugh.gif

Oh, the irony!

If you don't quite get my retort, please say so and I can reply with more direct language you might understand... Old chap.

The way I understand it, AsDeR was referring to the fact that you made this post instead of trying to ask me what happened.

You are quite quick to take offense and go on a counter-offense yourself, but I didn't see you saying "sorry" for basically accusing me of letting people "openly promote neo-Nazism and white supremacy" on the server.

And last, but probably most importantly, don't straw-man your opponent's position. You're only making your position look weaker by doing this. It's as if you have to misrepresent your opponent's claims to be able to disprove them. This is not what AsDeR was saying and it's dishonest to act as if it is.

+Quote Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sir Robin (not so brave) For This Useful Post:
AsDeR, Bucket, NapalmBukkake
shammo
post Jul 19 2020, 10:55 PM
Post #10

Peasant

QUOTE (Sir Robin (not so brave) @ Jul 3 2020, 11:34 AM) *
The way I understand it, AsDeR was referring to the fact that you made this post instead of trying to ask me what happened.

You are quite quick to take offense and go on a counter-offense yourself, but I didn't see you saying "sorry" for basically accusing me of letting people "openly promote neo-Nazism and white supremacy" on the server.

And last, but probably most importantly, don't straw-man your opponent's position. You're only making your position look weaker by doing this. It's as if you have to misrepresent your opponent's claims to be able to disprove them. This is not what AsDeR was saying and it's dishonest to act as if it is.

There is no "opponent". This is not a battle. I only bothered to check back to this post because of your behaviour earlier today.

This is really simple... Neo Nazi joined a server you are supposed to be administering... Promoting its thing... Called it out to you in-game... You dismiss... I call out here.

Video proves everything, so no need to "whine", or argue.

Why did I call you out?...

... Because you are an "admin" to which I understand as being your role to administer the rules of the server.

+Quote Post
Sir Robin (not s...
post Jul 20 2020, 07:31 AM
Post #11

Knight Lieutenant

Let me put it straight:

Your first post on this forum was an accusation about admin abusing their power. We don't know who the accused admin is, nor we see any evidence about the abuse.

Your second post is this topic, where you accused me of promoting, or at the very least letting somebody promote, neo-nazism.

Yesterday during the game you and some more people voted a guy for team damage. I pointed out that he is low rank (and was playing as low rank) so we should treat him as a new player. You accused me of making up new rules.

There is no "sorry," no "yeah, I may be overreacting," nothing like that coming from you.

Here is my warning to you then: your next insubstantial accusation will get you banned.

+Quote Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sir Robin (not so brave) For This Useful Post:
AsDeR, doreanh, NapalmBukkake, Raven
shammo
post Aug 17 2020, 11:14 PM
Post #12

Peasant

Wow!

I get your interpretation, but I don't think it matches the posts I made.

Just to clarify, though:

- My first post was enquiring about what to do if I noticed an admin abusing powers after experiencing it. The reply was to record and report. I didn't.

Where is the accusation in that?

- My second post is there for all to see (video clip).

I literally did exactly as advised and now you are kicking off and threatening to ban?

I truly think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

If you really believe I have done so, then please point out specifically what insubstantial accusation I have made, because I can't find one.

By the way, I assume you can recognise a rhetorical question/rant.

The video literally shows me drawing attention to the nazi in-game, you saying you don't know about that stuff, me trying to suggest that maybe now that I've pointed it out... Then, nothing, then me laughing and playing on.

After which I post a clip on here and question the administration of the rules, which then leads to this!

+Quote Post
Sir Robin (not s...
post Aug 18 2020, 10:31 PM
Post #13

Knight Lieutenant

QUOTE (shammo @ Aug 18 2020, 01:14 AM) *
- My first post was enquiring about what to do if I noticed an admin abusing powers after experiencing it. The reply was to record and report. I didn't.

Where is the accusation in that?

How about this part?
QUOTE (shammo @ May 19 2020, 08:42 PM) *
For example, is it alright for the admins to just kick/act against players even if official rules have not been broken?

Say, if they just don't like a player?

If so, then this is fine, of course, but would be helpful to know for sure, so I and others can make an informed choice to play on your server or not.

If not, and you consider yourselves a fair and objective server, with all your admins held accountable for their behaviour, then I can start to record matches I play and provide evidence to the contrary; quite confident as it happens rather often with one particular admin in mind.

You are now saying that this was "just inquiring"? I don't think so.

QUOTE (shammo @ Aug 18 2020, 01:14 AM) *
The video literally shows me drawing attention to the nazi in-game, you saying you don't know about that stuff, me trying to suggest that maybe now that I've pointed it out... Then, nothing, then me laughing and playing on.

Then 5 minutes later you're out of the game and posting here. That part wasn't in the video and yet the post is here. Similarly, the part where I check your claims isn't in the video. The part that I add an offline ban to the guy isn't in the video. You expected me to ban him immediately and when this didn't happen you posted here.

Ok. I can accept that at the time you posted this, it might've looked like I did nothing. But I explained what happened several times already and you still insist that I didn't do anything. You still count this as evidence of my failure to act. And I count your continuing insistence as your second baseless accusation.

The third time was while in-game, where I just said that the player you and somebody else were vote-kicking was low rank and was playing like a new player. I spectated him after your vote. I didn't cancel the vote, I didn't warn you or anybody else, I just made this comment. Why? Because the game has too few players left and as far as I know, the official servers are empty. So the new players can't just "git gud" someplace else.

You accused me of making new rules. What new rules did I made up?

There.

And if you decide to answer, I hope you can do so without any more condescending remarks.

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Sir Robin (not so brave) For This Useful Post:
doreanh
Fightdrug *-*
post Aug 19 2020, 12:00 AM
Post #14

Page

Thank(s): 31
Member No.: 5,553

anyone else want some of the popcorn cake cake.png or a coffee ? coffee.png looks like this stuff goes in the second round laugh.gif

--------------------

Wuuuuuggggggiiiiii !!!!

+Quote Post
shammo
post Sep 11 2020, 10:19 PM
Post #15

Peasant

This is beyond ridiculous.

My point is clear and backed up with this whole thread.

For the sake of your fragile ego, just ban me.

Your mental health matters more than my being able to play this computer game on this server.

Tip for irl; grow the fuck up.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Sep 12 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #16

Man at arms

Thank(s): 181
Member No.: 4,660

Watched the video, what I can clearly see Shammo, your behaviour is childish. The entire way you grabbed Robin's attention was like you were accusing him.

After noticing the player with the neo-nazi name, you could have informed Robin in a normal, mature way. i.e "Robin, there's a player called '_____', which is a neo-nazi reference. Please ban this player'. Then Robin would have to do some background checking, make sure this accusation is correct, because let's be real here, not everyone is going to know everything about history, so holding someone accountable for that would be ridiculous. After the match at some point, Robin would have had time to do his research and see that the player did indeed have an offensive name, then he could add an offline ban if the guy had already left the game. Your knee-jerk reactions were unnecessary and just lead to an entire thread that could've been something that was handled simply.

A kind tip for you: treat others the way that you want to be treated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raven For This Useful Post:
doreanh, NapalmBukkake, Sir Robin (not so brave)
Sir Robin (not s...
post Sep 12 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #17

Knight Lieutenant

QUOTE (shammo @ Sep 12 2020, 12:19 AM) *
This is beyond ridiculous.

My point is clear and backed up with this whole thread.

Your mental health matters more than my being able to play this computer game on this server.

Tip for irl; grow the fuck up.

Let me fix this for you:

Your point is beyond ridiculous.

Because of your fragile ego, you can't admit that you're wrong even when the whole thread backs this up.

Tip: reflect on your shortcomings and improve yourself.

P.S. Thank you for your permission to ban you. Much obliged!

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Sir Robin (not so brave) For This Useful Post:
Raven
Bucket
post Sep 12 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #18

Knight Errant

Group: Veteran SM Members
Thank(s): 409
Member No.: 4,609

QUOTE (shammo @ Sep 11 2020, 11:19 PM) *

Funny coming from the person who was offended by a nickname probably used by an edgy teenager seeking out reactions from people like you.

Oh I'm just kidding how could a highly intellectual gentleman such as yourself be insulted by some uncultured rude buffoon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bucket For This Useful Post:
Raven, Sir Robin (not so brave)
Jairon
post Sep 13 2020, 10:53 AM
Post #19

Peasant

Thank(s): 30
Member No.: 4,723

QUOTE (Bucket @ Sep 12 2020, 11:28 AM) *
Oh I'm just kidding how could a highly intellectual gentleman such as yourself be insulted by some uncultured rude buffoon.

SAVAGE

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:49 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com