> Greetings
Monkwon
post Apr 22 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Squire

Group: =SM= Chivalry Group
Thank(s): 74
Member No.: 5,403

Hi. I play as Monkwon. I live on your wonderful Chivalry Medieval Warfare server. And as far as lodgings goes I have no complaints.

I am not very talkative normally but you should know that I do greatly enjoy our interactions. After 10 minutes playing I always have a massive grin on my face. Guffaw is not the half of it.

My previous experience online had been much less entertaining. I was the unfortunate target of much griefery in Warcraft 3 due to the flamboyant positioning of my buildings. The other players always wanted to destroy them no matter what I said. I asked them, how can we build a society for the good of all if people destroy all the buildings? It had got me thinking that the online world was no place for a dreamer like me.

Then, back in 2013, I came upon a sale for this game and looking at the store page I saw that finally there was a game specifically built to simulate dancing. This changed everything and suddenly I could dream again. That the game also had swords in was a bonus. I had always been interested in the medieval period since in my youth I first saw the film Edward Scissor Hands. So when I got the game, one thing led to another, and at some point I found this home.

In the human realm I am called Dan, aged 39, I am a gardener. I live in Boston England, where I have 3 cats and am liege to one of next doors cats. I enjoy watching TV detective shows, and films with Dwayne Johnson in. I like electronic music.

I have a hobby of trying to make my own game. The game will most likely be a remix of Chivalry with a double-jump added and that the people are made traversable, re-imagined as a platform game about camel racing. I hope to get Patrick Stewart to do the voice-over.

Anyway, why now? Why would I introduce myself after all these years?

Well last week I had the pleasure of a player reminding me very intensely of someone I used to follow around back in the day, maybe it could even be the same person. This paired with a good friend saying something very nice about me, kind of got me into a nostalgic mood. Remembering how enjoyable the times have been.

I've seen some amazing people come and go, even seen some superior battlers come back again. It is with much respect I notice the prevalence of quality nowadays on the battlefield. Alas some warriors who became corrupted with power had to be banished, but lets not dwell on that.

There has been lots of funny situations. I remember great king duels, a vanguard super charge, and the rambush. I remember Spooky Echo surviving a whole game. I remember drags that bent the space-time continuum. I was once caught in a particularly nasty time loop where I got reverse-overhead-mauled for six months straight, at least felt like it.

I remember so many epic battles. Man-at-arms squads ten deep, firing an improbable numbers of fire pots. The glorious bug that gave 3 fire pots. The Peasants' War and Oilystool's amazing Block Knocker. And the archers too deserve a special mention. They do the hardest job and are cheerful when they do it. Yes, Archer, I will follow you.

I remember the effort undertaken to dislodge one of these archers that was hiding in their old spawn. And their surprise when they discovered heads had been re-purposed as a bridge to get them out a la Crocodile Dundee. We had, and by Farmer, we will have in the future, lines of heroic warriors simply standing in a line to help others potentially achieve flight.

In remembering all this I realised that I had not ever thanked you. Thank you all for being so awesome and welcoming. And thank you for not kicking me when I am spectating or being silly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Monkwon For This Useful Post:
Jairon, Leading, Marsche, Monseigneur Duc du Foutre, Nexton, Sir Robin (not so brave), Steelshanks, The Malefic Trout

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:51 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com