Bathory
post Jul 10 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 5,337

Greatings,

have just been banned at the "Belmez" because of kicking teammember from the wall.

I know that such a behavior can cast a ban, but forgot it at the moment of my actions. I'm sorry, I did not mean to act with malice, but give the teammate the chance to eliminate the flag bearer below.

I hereby apologize and ask from when I may enter the server again.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post Jul 10 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #2

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 283
Member No.: 4,445

QUOTE (Bathory @ Jul 10 2018, 01:56 PM) *
Greatings,

have just been banned at the "Belmez" because of kicking teammember from the wall.

I know that such a behavior can cast a ban, but forgot it at the moment of my actions. I'm sorry, I did not mean to act with malice, but give the teammate the chance to eliminate the flag bearer below.

I hereby apologize and ask from when I may enter the server again.

Quit your bullshit and try again.

+Quote Post
__ the AIRPLANE
post Jul 10 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #3

Squire

Thank(s): 127
Member No.: 4,948

+Quote Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to __ the AIRPLANE For This Useful Post:
hardworkingcrackwhore, Monseigneur Duc du Foutre, The Malefic Trout
Bathory
post Jul 10 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Peasant

Greatings,

Excuse me, gentlemen, but I'm not imaginatively gifted to understand what you write or paint. I ask again only politely to clarify when my spell expires after I have admitted my guilt.

+Quote Post
Bucket
post Jul 10 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #5

Knight Errant

Group: Veteran SM Members
Thank(s): 409
Member No.: 4,609

You shouldn't even be on the server in the first place, Tanz you delusional dried up cumsock.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bathory
post Jul 10 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #6

Peasant

Greatings,

should I please contact the administrator who pronounced the ban in Belmez against me?

+Quote Post
__ the AIRPLANE
post Jul 10 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #7

Squire

+Quote Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to __ the AIRPLANE For This Useful Post:
hardworkingcrackwhore, Monseigneur Duc du Foutre, The Malefic Trout
Bathory
post Jul 10 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #8

Peasant

Greatings, AIRPLANE

Thanks for your answer, it's good. Do you want to forgive me?

+Quote Post
Bucket
post Jul 10 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #9

Knight Errant

TANZ I CAST A SPELL UPON THEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z7yL8WEXIU

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Bucket For This Useful Post:
The Malefic Trout
The Malefic Trou...
post Jul 10 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #10

Knight Errant

Thank(s): 344
Member No.: 4,549

This thread is hilarious hehehe.gif

MORE!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Jul 11 2018, 09:57 AM
Post #11

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

Confirmed from the hardwareID that this is once again Tanz.

However there's nothing within Chivalry to automatically ban when someone creates and alt (especially if it's not a family share alt, we can trace those).

Options as I see them: we either allow him to play or we ban the entire range of IP addresses that he has access to. Vodafone DE is a very dynamic IP allocator, the pool consists of around 128000 IP addresses within that range and region for the Bayern/Bavaria neck of the woods. We can ban all of these with about 5 lines of code, however the obvious problem of anyone else using Vodafone DE in this range would also be banned. (am not worried about proxies/vpns, the pings through them are unplayable for the most part and easy to block en masse)

Another option is to submit an abuse request for evading bans on 3rd party networks. Is a breach of Vodafone DE acceptable usage. It'll be a pain to dig out evidence and logs, but the end result tends to be termination of broadband contract after an initial slap on the wrist.

There is one final option in development of a script whereby a banned player joining on an alt would gradually do 1% less damage minute by minute to a point where they couldn't kill anyone (I can even randomise it based on spawn they might damage as normal, the next spawn do half the normal damage, the next 30% then back to normal. means it'll leave them guessing whether they've fucked with or not tongue.gif). Upside is it fucks with players who are evading bans and wastes their time. The main downside of this is it requires all players be dumped into spectate for a second before spawning. I'll look into this further. Tbh TB might not be happy with that approach on a ranked server, but currently with the community dwindling we could risk it. If they de-rank the server we could just shut it down for good. I'm not really one to be held to ransom by a little twat such as this. This option needs a bit more research, we don't want to effect normal players.

[Edit: was just on the server, confirmed this script works on me. Both for dealing slightly less damage, and taking more damage from other players]

Any thoughts on this from clan members?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyFiend For This Useful Post:
__ the AIRPLANE
__ the AIRPLANE
post Jul 11 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #12

Squire

I can feel my IQ dwindling.

+Quote Post
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to __ the AIRPLANE For This Useful Post:
AsDeR, Bucket, hardworkingcrackwhore, MonkeyFiend, Monseigneur Duc du Foutre, The Malefic Trout
Bathory
post Jul 11 2018, 12:27 PM
Post #13

Peasant

Greatings,

In Chinese Taoism, there is a thought that I like. He assumes that events that are at first glance bad for a person turn out to be good in hindsight. Example: The horse of a man dies, in the Middle Ages a great loss, which he laments. But then comes a decree of the emperor, that all men with horses must be drafted for military service. He no longer has a horse and is thus exempted and hopes to escape death on the battlefield.

For me it is hard at first sight to have been banned here on the server and I complain, but ...., without this ban I would not sit here today and post in the forum, I would not think about the People who respond to my threats would not impress me and I would not leave an impression on them.
I often think of "Airplane", "Malefic Trout", "Monkey Fiend" and not least "Bucket".

Guilt is bound to the person who became guilty, that is probably true and nobody should be punished who is innocent. So I understand the concerns of "MonkeyFiends" as far as the whole spell of the ID is concerned. But just because guilt remains tied to a person I ask, what happens to that debt when the person undergoes changes?
If this person truly repents and starts a new life, will that guilt stick to it, like a shadow? I have no clear answer to this question, maybe I can expect it from you. I think it depends on the seriousness of the blame, let's take a look at the Nazi criminals who sought refuge in a new life in Argentina. Can we say that just because they can start a new life, they can also be acquitted? No, that certainly not, here is my answer clearly. And even if they regret their murders, they can not be acquitted.
But forgive me friends, I am a little too absorbed in Dostoevsky's "guilt and atonement" thoughts and forget that this is "Chivalry" and a "Steamaccount". I've probably developed a penchant for the dramatic, which has kidnapped me something.
Coming to an end, Bathory has opened a threat in Ban and Ban Appeals, that's all. He kicked a team member off the wall on the map "Belmez" and was banned for it. But it is well known that the famous engraving in a hornet's nest, which makes the problems seem so big.

Thank you, for your attention.

+Quote Post
Sir Robin (not s...
post Jul 11 2018, 01:13 PM
Post #14

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Trusted non-SM
Thank(s): 524
Member No.: 4,846

QUOTE (MonkeyFiend @ Jul 11 2018, 11:57 AM) *
[Edit: was just on the server, confirmed this script works on me. Both for dealing slightly less damage, and taking more damage from other players]

I don't feel at ease with such script. I can't really point at what troubles me with it at the moment. But, I'd ask that we have a vote on it at least.

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Jul 11 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #15

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

yep, that's the issue. To enable means whoever controls it (me) could abuse it. I'm thinking we maybe go the approach of reporting him to his ISP then temporarily banning that entire range. It's probably less damaging than the alternatives.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bucket
post Jul 11 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #16

Knight Errant

QUOTE (MonkeyFiend @ Jul 11 2018, 10:57 AM) *
Options as I see them: we either allow him to play or we ban the entire range of IP addresses that he has access to. Vodafone DE is a very dynamic IP allocator, the pool consists of around 128000 IP addresses within that range and region for the Bayern/Bavaria neck of the woods. We can ban all of these with about 5 lines of code, however the obvious problem of anyone else using Vodafone DE in this range would also be banned. (am not worried about proxies/vpns, the pings through them are unplayable for the most part and easy to block en masse)

Another option is to submit an abuse request for evading bans on 3rd party networks. Is a breach of Vodafone DE acceptable usage. It'll be a pain to dig out evidence and logs, but the end result tends to be termination of broadband contract after an initial slap on the wrist.

Helll naw, why would we let him play on our servers after all the did, wouldn't this tell the other regulars ''oh when you break the rules just keep making accounts and eventually they will give up and just let you play after all the cunty things you did''

I say we execute him ISIS style, buuuuuuuuuuuuut banning him works for me too, although that other option is very appealing so unless you can be bothered doing then feel free if not then ip range ban him please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jairon
post Jul 11 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #17

Peasant

Thank(s): 30
Member No.: 4,723

PLZ EXPLAIN blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Jairon For This Useful Post:
hardworkingcrackwhore
__ the AIRPLANE
post Jul 11 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #18

Squire

That's a Snail-Staff. I chose it because I'm a pretty big fan of ->this band<-.

Yes that's a bathrobe. An absolutely mundane bathrobe.

The hat is magick though. One of its properties is the ability to match the colour of other clothing.

+Quote Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to __ the AIRPLANE For This Useful Post:
Jairon, MonkeyFiend
Porsuk
post Jul 11 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #19

Knight Lieutenant

Thank(s): 231
Member No.: 4,348

QUOTE (MonkeyFiend @ Jul 11 2018, 09:57 AM) *
Confirmed from the hardwareID that this is once again Tanz.

However there's nothing within Chivalry to automatically ban when someone creates and alt (especially if it's not a family share alt, we can trace those).

There is one final option in development of a script whereby a banned player joining on an alt would gradually do 1% less damage minute by minute to a point where they couldn't kill anyone (I can even randomise it based on spawn they might damage as normal, the next spawn do half the normal damage, the next 30% then back to normal. means it'll leave them guessing whether they've fucked with or not tongue.gif). Upside is it fucks with players who are evading bans and wastes their time. The main downside of this is it requires all players be dumped into spectate for a second before spawning. I'll look into this further. Tbh TB might not be happy with that approach on a ranked server, but currently with the community dwindling we could risk it. If they de-rank the server we could just shut it down for good. I'm not really one to be held to ransom by a little twat such as this. This option needs a bit more research, we don't want to effect normal players.

3rd option does not benefit for SM server and its reputation. So in my opinion we don't have to do that because of 1 player.

Reporting isp to abuse usage is something that hard to deal with. Paper works, logs and etc. Probably you are the one who should do it with proper way. It will take your time. It is up to you.

1st option is one of the easiest but it might be a problematic if another players wanted to play chivalary from same isp which is on that ip range.

if different player had ban because of it, i believe we may allow that player to with few lines of command but if player has dynamic ip, it would be pain on boobs biggrin.gif

So, if you spare time 2=>1=>3
if you don't have spare time 1=>2=>3 step would be make sense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bathory
post Jul 12 2018, 08:09 AM
Post #20

Peasant

Greatings,

I have been playing on your server since June 2017, without having any serious problems with anyone. I have not committed any intentional teamkilling, tort or even racially insulted players. What I'm experiencing here is a hunt against my person that is supposed to be grounded in a "Tanz story". My apology for my behavior in "Belmez" comes no answer, my question as to how long I remain spellbound, no answer comes to my question how long I should be guilty, no answer. On my statement regarding guilt and atonement, no answer.
Is this a forum, or a bank of Inquisition? Have I been dealing with people here at all, or with ignorant machines that answer no question, but never tired of going through page by page options on how to ban a player. I must confess, if so much passion and energy would be turned to my simple question, how long a ban will be if a teammember is kicked off the wall, then we would not be sitting here for a long time.
I'm not "Tanz", I'm Bathory and I asked a simple question in the forum, polite and apologizing in advance.

If my presence here in the forum is undesirable, then it is enough if the administrator of the forum writes to me, instead of endlessly long considerations as a "Tanz player" should be completely banished. Also on my personal demand with the forum administrator I received until today no answer.
The only one who personally addressed me was Bucket, I almost have to thank him for that, although I do not understand what he wants to tell me.
If you do not want Bathory to play on your server, then just say, you do not even need a reason for it, after all it's your server. The discussion about IP spell, IPS range spell and whatever modalities is just ridiculous and unnecessary.
Incidentally, the topic has settled here for me, in no forum I have so much ignorance, automatism and, I have to say, cowardice experienced.
I'm sorry, if I insult some innocent people with it, have leniency with me, it's just an impression that I've won here, and I'm wrong too.

So, in summary: Bathory is not wanted here, both in the forum and on your server, is that right?
I think that's exactly in your senses, so I can gladly take the decision for you, I'm avoiding your judgment, not suicide ... no, we do not want to be that dramatic on such a beautiful, sunny morning in Bavaria. Oh, by the way, since 2013 we did not have such a nice summer in Germany, it is a bit dry here but wonderfully warm with such a beautiful blue sky. Beer garden weather, if I may say something casual.
I escape your judgment, by simple absence, both in the forum and on the server. Your decision is not invalidated, does what you can not leave, after all, is "twice better," they say

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:18 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com