IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Message for Senior Admin, or owner, Admin policy?
shammo
post May 19 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 4
Member No.: 5,625

Hi.

This is a clarification request.

To MonkeyFiend - I was told you are the most senior admin - what is the policy governing your admins?

It goes without saying that you can run your server as you wish from a fair and professionally run environment, to whatever else on the opposite end of the spectrum, but I just want to hear from the main guy what he/she expects.

For example, is it alright for the admins to just kick/act against players even if official rules have not been broken?

Say, if they just don't like a player?

If so, then this is fine, of course, but would be helpful to know for sure, so I and others can make an informed choice to play on your server or not.

If not, and you consider yourselves a fair and objective server, with all your admins held accountable for their behaviour, then I can start to record matches I play and provide evidence to the contrary; quite confident as it happens rather often with one particular admin in mind.

There's no point if you tell me that you wouldn't act on it anyway, though, so would appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers. smile.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AsDeR
post May 19 2020, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 283
Member No.: 4,445

If you see an admin misbehaving, record it and report to MonkeyFiend directly. It's as easy as that smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AsDeR For This Useful Post:
doreanh, Fightdrug *-*, hardworkingcrackwhore, Porsuk, Raven
Steelshanks
post Jul 20 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Squire

Group: Banned
Thank(s): 70
Member No.: 4,604

Sneaky Monkeys Is Like A House Party In Which Everyone Is Invited Until You Do Something Bastard Like Or Drink Monkeyfiends Hooch,

Any member of -SM- have the power to kick you out of Monkeyfiends party,

Trust Shank

You don't want him coming out from his room to deal with your nonsense and problems

he will fuck you up for real

--------------------
Removed at request of user

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Jul 24 2020, 11:11 PM
Post #4

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1096
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

Happy to review any evidence you have. Please sent it to monkeyfiend@gmail.com. We've had a few bad admins in he past banning people for dodgy reasons. Typically if the evidence is clear cut, the admin is removed from the clan and banned from the server. We've done this on around 5 occasions in the last 13 years we've been running - so not bad stats on picking good admins, with an occasional mistake, aside from any member votes to remove people.

However we often see grey areas of people being TK'ed, some abusive chat on both sides: the usual stuff we see on chivalry. The rules that we state are fairly clear, no racist language (easy, since there's an autobot that records all chat), intentional TKing (which is often hard to declare as intention, occasional or incompetence).

thanks,

MonkeyFiend

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyFiend For This Useful Post:
AsDeR, Fightdrug *-*, hardworkingcrackwhore, Porsuk

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:17 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com