> Cosmonaut Ban Appeal, Ban Appeal
Cosmonaut
post Jan 18 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Filthy Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 1
Member No.: 5,354

So yesterday I was banned on the freakin map belmez for intentional teamkilling. Now indeed I were teamkilling but let me explain why so read you cheeky chipmunk. It starts like this, I was using the catapult and I was really hungry and pissed of for no reason. Ok so what happens is that this dude called "The Mountain" starts randomly out of nowhere kick me of the cata, then he took it. And I had never even killed this dude before by misstake or by purpose nor damaged him in anyway. So I asked why, and he didn't response then I kicked him of it to reclaim my cata and so we kinda got into this fight about the cata but with kicks only. After a long while I started get really pissed of and initiated a vote kick on him. I wrote in caps down the chat, HE IS CATA TROLLING PLS KICK but he didn't get kicked. I knew that there were 2 admins on the server so I thought that they saw it but they didn't or they ignored. Right at this moment I just said fuck it and started hitting him but I didn't go for killing yet just some feints and slashes. I thought that it would scare him away because it had worked previous times with a feint or direct hit. But this dude was looking for trouble, he didn't run away or give the cata back, he responded with force, and then I went full berserk on him. After I killed him, I stopped, (didn't go for more tk's because why would I lol I almost like never tk by purpose like never). I was going to write what I had did and why but instead I got a slap in the face with a ban and no time to explain myself . So what I did was clearly against the rules and I knew that but the thing is that I killed a troll not someone who tried to play. Im not gonna lie right, but I had seen this dude before on the other catapult and I saw that he really liked the cata but stealing some else cata is just childish not to mention that I killed him but I weren't trolling just getting rid of bastards like him (kinda). Now another thing that I hate is that the admins never saw what he was doing in the first place while they saw me slashing him, like you kinda get their perspective here. "Oh he is a griefer who is killing this innocent new player what a rude c*ck, he needs to get a real taste of power, why should he even explain himself when he is just a griefer" I'm not saying that it's the entire admins fault, they saw something against the rules and did their job, good work gold star for you, but the thing that they never listened when I wrote or that they never let me explain is rude. They maybe saw my text but thought it was unserious none the less they should investigate in my opinion. Like what if someone is very bad at spelling and is writing in caps by misstake, would you just throw that case down the trash and pretend nothing happend or would you get serious and take a look. That's what I wanted to say and I hope that you get my perspective and get a big piece of the picture, I really like your server and I support what you do. Plz unban and plz add citadel, nice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Malefic Trou...
post Jan 18 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #2

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 344
Member No.: 4,549

Sigh I wanted to write a long elaborate post but this case of yours is like 95% of all our ban appeals and it's getting tiresome so I'm going to make it quick:

1. You know you shouldn't have acted that way which is nice
2. Clearly one of two said admins heard your plea, cause if they banned you they must have been spectating and observing the cata's surroundings at that moment, and the only thing they saw was you murdering your teammate, which as you obviously know is against the rules.
3. We're going to have to wait up to 72 hours for the admin who banned you to decide what to do with you next. If they don't show up you'll be unbanned.
4. BTW next time just install FRAPS or any other video capture software and record the guy, upload it to YT and post it here - we'll just ban him on the very next occasion.

Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Malefic Trout For This Useful Post:
Bucket, Cosmonaut, Cosmonaut, __ the AIRPLANE
__ the AIRPLANE
post Jan 18 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Squire

Thank(s): 127
Member No.: 4,948

So I just read your post and thought I should write a reply. The short version of that is, that I think that you are another fool that cannot keep his temper under control and gives me some passive-aggressive longwinded explanation about what happened. So here is my perspective: I had joined about six minutes before banning you and spent most of that time being afk or actually attempting to play the game. After returning from being afk I chose to check the chatlog and saw that a certain player named "The Mountain" was in the process of being votekicked and I had a bad feeling about him (0% teamdamage, no idle time, but from a player that I trust to a certain extent), so I started spectating him. He did kick you while you were using the catapult, you wrote "WHAT THE FUCK ARE U DOING" in teamchat and started a kickvote. He replied with "wtf" in allchat. It was about that time that you started attacking him. I watched the two of you go at it for a while while I typed out the commands to ban you. I wasn't sure about the duration, so I did the reasonable thing and dashed out a perma for both of you, assuming that one of you would make an appeal. I banned you first, because you won the fight (that's not really important, but it fluffs out this wall of text). So... while reading your text I felt some strong feelings of disappointment, because it's always the same: Someone looses their temper, teamkills, gets banned and makes an appeal with some offhanded remarks about admins and how they should behave. And some point I searched my music collection for "Soulfly - Eye For An Eye". Back to your appeal: Yes, I didn't give you time to explain yourself, but you found your way to the forums, so that's okay. The word "childish" really sticks out, get it? I don't think that you get my perspective at all. I was under the impression that "The Mountain" was a smurf from the start. Thanks for the gold star (not). I usually read the whole chat (makes blocking hard at times). Question without a question mark at the end, hmm... interesting. I usually pretend that nothing happened and just kick/ban or snark, yes snarking is always good. Your perspective and getting a big piece of the picture don't go well together. I really like forcing others to read giant blocks of text without paragraphs, yours is quite the piece of art, I can make out a dog when I look at it the right way. And glasses, lots of pairs of glasses. I support that. Please try again.

+Quote Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to __ the AIRPLANE For This Useful Post:
Bucket, The Malefic Trout
Bucket
post Jan 18 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Knight Errant

Group: Veteran SM Members
Thank(s): 409
Member No.: 4,609

Anyone who doesn't use any form of formatting should be banned from the forum. hypnotized.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Bucket For This Useful Post:
The Malefic Trout
Cosmonaut
post Jan 18 2018, 08:58 PM
Post #5

Filthy Peasant

QUOTE (__ the AIRPLANE @ Jan 18 2018, 08:12 PM) *
So I just read your post and thought I should write a reply. The short version of that is, that I think that you are another fool that cannot keep his temper under control and gives me some passive-aggressive longwinded explanation about what happened. So here is my perspective: I had joined about six minutes before banning you and spent most of that time being afk or actually attempting to play the game. After returning from being afk I chose to check the chatlog and saw that a certain player named "The Mountain" was in the process of being votekicked and I had a bad feeling about him (0% teamdamage, no idle time, but from a player that I trust to a certain extent), so I started spectating him. He did kick you while you were using the catapult, you wrote "WHAT THE FUCK ARE U DOING" in teamchat and started a kickvote. He replied with "wtf" in allchat. It was about that time that you started attacking him. I watched the two of you go at it for a while while I typed out the commands to ban you. I wasn't sure about the duration, so I did the reasonable thing and dashed out a perma for both of you, assuming that one of you would make an appeal. I banned you first, because you won the fight (that's not really important, but it fluffs out this wall of text). So... while reading your text I felt some strong feelings of disappointment, because it's always the same: Someone looses their temper, teamkills, gets banned and makes an appeal with some offhanded remarks about admins and how they should behave. And some point I searched my music collection for "Soulfly - Eye For An Eye". Back to your appeal: Yes, I didn't give you time to explain yourself, but you found your way to the forums, so that's okay. The word "childish" really sticks out, get it? I don't think that you get my perspective at all. I was under the impression that "The Mountain" was a smurf from the start. Thanks for the gold star (not). I usually read the whole chat (makes blocking hard at times). Question without a question mark at the end, hmm... interesting. I usually pretend that nothing happened and just kick/ban or snark, yes snarking is always good. Your perspective and getting a big piece of the picture don't go well together. I really like forcing others to read giant blocks of text without paragraphs, yours is quite the piece of art, I can make out a dog when I look at it the right way. And glasses, lots of pairs of glasses. I support that. Please try again.
I am here to bring a message not to write an essay. The end wasn't really a request if you mean the citadel phrase, just like a goof or something nothing big. And no I don't get what you mean when you mean that the word childish sticks out, there was no reason behind the specific choice of it, I could aswell used, low, rude etc. And who does it hurt that one seek revenge because someone is being a douchebag? I kill a teamate because they are being annoying, rude, so on so forth on purpose, I am not ruining for a passioned player. Would you even call a grief/troll a teamate when they are just ruining for the team? And am I really telling you what do or just my opinion on what you could do?

+Quote Post
The Malefic Trou...
post Jan 18 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #6

Knight Errant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 344
Member No.: 4,549

Man, I will just write it to save everyone's time here: I respect your opinion, but these are our rules and you either accept and follow them and actually apologise for breaking them or there's nothing more for all of us to do here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to The Malefic Trout For This Useful Post:
Cosmonaut
Cosmonaut
post Jan 18 2018, 10:31 PM
Post #7

Filthy Peasant

QUOTE (The Malefic Trout @ Jan 18 2018, 09:53 PM) *
Man, I will just write it to save everyone's time here: I respect your opinion, but these are our rules and you either accept and follow them and actually apologise for breaking them or there's nothing more for all of us to do here.
Ofcourse I am sorry for my actions, It won't happen again, I will keep my anger inside next time. But I thought that explaining it would give me a reason to be unbanned rather than just saying sorry and bye. I really like ur community and server that is why I wanna really reedem myself, but enough of that. Again It won't happen again hopefully and I will be more careful next time regarding rules. I will follow the rules better now that I know the consequences. Sorry for teamkilling.

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Cosmonaut For This Useful Post:
Nexton
Nexton
post Jan 19 2018, 01:56 AM
Post #8

Page

Group: Banned
Thank(s): 14
Member No.: 5,210

I might add I was the second admin and was also looking into it.

--------------------
:Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Dou
g::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::D
o
ug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::
D
oug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug:
:
Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug
:
:Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Dou
g
::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Do
u
g::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::D
o
ug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::Doug::
D
oug::Doug::Doug:

+Quote Post
Jacktheripper_
post Jan 20 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #9

Peasant

Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 5,280

QUOTE (Cosmonaut @ Jan 18 2018, 10:31 PM) *
Ofcourse I am sorry for my actions, It won't happen again, I will keep my anger inside next time. But I thought that explaining it would give me a reason to be unbanned rather than just saying sorry and bye. I really like ur community and server that is why I wanna really reedem myself, but enough of that. Again It won't happen again hopefully and I will be more careful next time regarding rules. I will follow the rules better now that I know the consequences. Sorry for teamkilling.

So cosmo - it seems you find getting cata-kicked not cool. Might explain to the admins here why you do it yourself?

+Quote Post
Cosmonaut
post Jan 21 2018, 10:25 AM
Post #10

Filthy Peasant

QUOTE (Jacktheripper_ @ Jan 20 2018, 09:30 PM) *
So cosmo - it seems you find getting cata-kicked not cool. Might explain to the admins here why you do it yourself?

Jack, the reason why I did it on you was because you almost killed me and several others with it in very close range, and I thought u went for tk. We destroyed the cata because of that. You chased us and we both got a ban. I think it was Napalm who banned me but none the less we have paid for what we did. I got for cata trolling and idk what you got or how long. I got a couple hours so making an appeal wouldnt be worth or that nessecary.

+Quote Post
Cosmonaut
post Jan 21 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #11

Filthy Peasant

QUOTE (__ the AIRPLANE @ Jan 18 2018, 08:12 PM) *
Look this post is already getting long enough. I am sorry, I shouldnt have tkd and I should have kept my anger. It wont happen again if I get another chance and I apologize to The Mountain for tk. Will you please unban me so we can stop this post?

+Quote Post
Jacktheripper_
post Jan 21 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #12

Peasant

QUOTE (Cosmonaut @ Jan 21 2018, 10:25 AM) *
Jack, the reason why I did it on you was because you almost killed me and several others with it in very close range, and I thought u went for tk. We destroyed the cata because of that. You chased us and we both got a ban. I think it was Napalm who banned me but none the less we have paid for what we did. I got for cata trolling and idk what you got or how long. I got a couple hours so making an appeal wouldnt be worth or that nessecary.

You are wrong and a liar. I didnt kill anyone of my own team. It was in fact one of the few times i made serious kills on the opposite team without hitting one of my own team.

Secondly - Even IF i killed a friendly by accident, its no excuse to go and do what you did. Any decent player and part of the community (as you so claim to be) would have given directions on where to fire or how to minimize friendly fire - You and your buddy didnt. You outright came at me, kicked me, slashed me and destroyed the cata. Even after me respawning you kept on harassing me.
And thirdly - I ALWAYS apologize for any teamkills I make.

You did what you did for the same reason that guy did it to you. For joy's and to annoy people who want to enjoy this server.
The only bad thing i did that day was be so stupid and fall for your taunting and react (wrong) to it.
People like you are the reason why people like me never get any chance to use the cata - we cant improve our skill using it cause there is always someone around thinking he's john wayne and destroy's the cata or is provoking a ban-able reaction.

But its also true what they say: karma is a bitch and im glad you got a taste of your own medicine.

+Quote Post
Cosmonaut
post Jan 21 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #13

Filthy Peasant

QUOTE (Jacktheripper_ @ Jan 21 2018, 06:32 PM) *
You are wrong and a liar. I didnt kill anyone of my own team. It was in fact one of the few times i made serious kills on the opposite team without hitting one of my own team.

Secondly - Even IF i killed a friendly by accident, its no excuse to go and do what you did. Any decent player and part of the community (as you so claim to be) would have given directions on where to fire or how to minimize friendly fire - You and your buddy didnt. You outright came at me, kicked me, slashed me and destroyed the cata. Even after me respawning you kept on harassing me.
And thirdly - I ALWAYS apologize for any teamkills I make.

You did what you did for the same reason that guy did it to you. For joy's and to annoy people who want to enjoy this server.
The only bad thing i did that day was be so stupid and fall for your taunting and react (wrong) to it.
People like you are the reason why people like me never get any chance to use the cata - we cant improve our skill using it cause there is always someone around thinking he's john wayne and destroy's the cata or is provoking a ban-able reaction.

But its also true what they say: karma is a bitch and im glad you got a taste of your own medicine.

Listen don't bring that up here. I am sorry if you are mad but that was a long time ago and ur bringing it up now which I don't have time to talk about. I did never say you killed a teammate, you almost killed I said. You shot at us while we were very close, so close that u could have identified us as teammates that's why I thought u went for tking. I never claimed to be a part of the community or a decent player. If you don't know how to use it then don't use it or ask a decent player, I thought u knew but wanted to tk. Already said why I destroyed the cata. You never apologized to me or my other mate. Now can you please stop write about this incident that occurred a long time ago because it seems like you just want to rain anger on me and nothing else. Look I know now that you didn't go for tk and I have already said that I am sorry for mistaken you to be a tker.

+Quote Post
Jacktheripper_
post Jan 23 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #14

Peasant

QUOTE (Cosmonaut @ Jan 21 2018, 07:39 PM) *
Listen don't bring that up here. I am sorry if you are mad but that was a long time ago and ur bringing it up now which I don't have time to talk about. I did never say you killed a teammate, you almost killed I said. You shot at us while we were very close, so close that u could have identified us as teammates that's why I thought u went for tking. I never claimed to be a part of the community or a decent player. If you don't know how to use it then don't use it or ask a decent player, I thought u knew but wanted to tk. Already said why I destroyed the cata. You never apologized to me or my other mate. Now can you please stop write about this incident that occurred a long time ago because it seems like you just want to rain anger on me and nothing else. Look I know now that you didn't go for tk and I have already said that I am sorry for mistaken you to be a tker.

First of all - it wasnt a long time ago. It was 15 days ago.
Secondly: I aint mad - im disgusted with people like you. You did what you did on purpuse and got banned for it. Now you cry with the admins cause you do it yourself and you STILL have the nerve to go on the forum, making an excuse to justify your earlier behavior and then, when that fails, make even more excuses.

So - you basically broke the rules and whent for a provocation cause you THOUGHT i was trying to TK but hadnt really TK'd anyone yet. You think that is normal? Should I trow a rock at a passing car cause i THINK its going to hit me? And really - Last time i checked, those bolders don have eyes - just like them arrows. Once they are off the ramp - its hope and wait to see if you hit only enemies. Friendly fire is bound to happen to novice or veteran alike.

Ask for help from a decent player? Dont use them? How do you get to Carnegie hall? Practice Practice Practice. Asking decent players (which i did) will yield you the same answer.

Could you tell me WHY in the blazes I should apologize to the likes of you? You ought to apologize to me. YOU attacked me and the cata i was using cause one of YOUR braincells got an overdose of paranoia.

For me this perticular matter is over but be warned - For as long as im allowed on the SM server - i will watch you like a hawk and any infraction I will post here.

+Quote Post
Cosmonaut
post Jan 23 2018, 08:39 PM
Post #15

Filthy Peasant

QUOTE (Jacktheripper_ @ Jan 23 2018, 08:07 PM) *
First of all - it wasnt a long time ago. It was 15 days ago.
Secondly: I aint mad - im disgusted with people like you. You did what you did on purpuse and got banned for it. Now you cry with the admins cause you do it yourself and you STILL have the nerve to go on the forum, making an excuse to justify your earlier behavior and then, when that fails, make even more excuses.

So - you basically broke the rules and whent for a provocation cause you THOUGHT i was trying to TK but hadnt really TK'd anyone yet. You think that is normal? Should I trow a rock at a passing car cause i THINK its going to hit me? And really - Last time i checked, those bolders don have eyes - just like them arrows. Once they are off the ramp - its hope and wait to see if you hit only enemies. Friendly fire is bound to happen to novice or veteran alike.

Ask for help from a decent player? Dont use them? How do you get to Carnegie hall? Practice Practice Practice. Asking decent players (which i did) will yield you the same answer.

Could you tell me WHY in the blazes I should apologize to the likes of you? You ought to apologize to me. YOU attacked me and the cata i was using cause one of YOUR braincells got an overdose of paranoia.

For me this perticular matter is over but be warned - For as long as im allowed on the SM server - i will watch you like a hawk and any infraction I will post here.
I have already apologized what more should I do? I don't understand much of what ur trying to say and I never asked you to apologize to me. Could you please now leave me and this post alone because you are going on my nerves. And I always think that airplane is responding which makes me hyped to see what he has written but to just find out that its you again. Now leave this freaking post because I will not respond to you anymore.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:37 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com