FrostBurn
post Mar 15 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 20
Member No.: 5,145

Hi everyone,
I've been playing on this server since I reinstalled Chivalry (new PC, new internet connection...), some of you may remember me.
I have seldom had any problems, it's quite a good server and it is fairly well policed.

I had never been kicked out before (well... once because I momentarily had ping 180+ tongue.gif ) and I think some of you can attest that I have never broken the server rules. I remember playing with Duc, with Robin-the-not-quite-so-brave, with Dark Hole Sun, and others that are not =SM= but are always there too. wink.gif

Today however, in a game with just a dozen people, I had a very bad experience mellow.gif :
Playing Hillside, I was Agatha, right after the third and last spawn.
There is a sort of bridge before the actual castle. There I was kicked twice by a team mate huh.gif (I know the name, I won't write it here, but I can PM one of the admins if they ask), and fell down the bridge to my death, which the game registered as me killing myself dry.gif (though the consolle showed I had taken the two kicks!).
I called for a VoteKick of the TK'er, he had only 6% TD because the game didn't register my death at his hands.
People asked why, I explained, they voted No anyway dry.gif , and then he (for no reason other than me starting a Votekick against him) started a Votekick against me huh.gif , and they voted me off as if I was the bad guy ohmy.gif . There were no Admins around, unfortunately, and now I can't get back in the game angry.gif

This is SO unfair :/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hardworkingcrack...
post Mar 15 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #2

Squire

Group: Veteran SM Members
Thank(s): 59
Member No.: 4,698

Hey Frostburn,

Please write these appeals (lets call this an appeal) here: http://www.sneakymonkeys.com/forums/index.php?showforum=35

This is not the correct section for this.

Please post your topic there the other admins will see it too, as rarely anyone checks this section here, let alone anyone posts here normally. Then we can help you with your problem, or better said, the ones who can check the logs and such biggrin.gif

Edit: grammar n shit

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Mar 15 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1096
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

erm a votekick would only last 5 minutes though after which you should be able to rejoin?

Votekicks serve an important purpose to allow the public to rid the servers of people causing trouble, but they can be abused in such ways as you describe, therefore the cap is set at 5 minutes. Sommeone repeatedly causing problems usually has a load of evidence posted about them an incurs a manual ban, but that would be made by an admin only.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyFiend For This Useful Post:
hardworkingcrackwhore
FrostBurn
post Mar 15 2017, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 20
Member No.: 5,145

Thank you both, I didn't know the kick only lasted 5 mins! I got a message saying "until the end of the session" so I thought it meant the whole map (which can be like 30 min)

I am sorry for posting in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to post since it wasn't really a Ban Appeal :/

Anyway, you can now lock or delete the thread, thanks for replying!

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to FrostBurn For This Useful Post:
hardworkingcrackwhore

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:18 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com