MonkeyFiend
post Feb 13 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1096
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

Thought I'd better draft some rules for BC2 before we get loons complaining about our admin. The games not out till the 2nd March (5th in the UK) but I thought I'd cover the basics here. To be honest methinks a lot of the rules will change when we actually play on the servers. Any major objections or suggested changes, make a post. If there are disagreements we can put specific rules to clan votes.

Unlike L4D which practically manages itself, BC2 (like BF2) requires these rules be in place

=SM= Bad Company 2 Server Rules

SERVER RULES

General Server Rules

No Cheating/Glitching/Hacking - PERMANENT BAN & Reported to EA
No Abusive Behaviour (includes Racism and personal insults) - KICK/BAN
No Unnecessary TeamKills - KICK/BAN
No Uncap Baseraping - KICK/BAN
No Disruptive behaviour (includes forcing TK's/smoking own team etc.,) - KICK

General Rules

We allow ALL weapons, don't complain about 'nooby' weapons e.g. Grenades/GL/mortars
Autobalance is on
Punkbuster takes auto screenshots - see PB section for info.
Don't spam votes.

AutoBalance:

Our server has Autobalance automatically enabled. There is a threshold of 2 before it kicks in e.g. teams may be unbalanced by a total of 2 players before teams are autobalanced. If you wish to be moved to another team you should be able to do this as long as the teams are still balanced (e.g. less than 2 player difference) - or ask an admin ( we can move players at our discretion and as long as game is fairly balanced)

We do occasionally balance the teams manually - e.g. if the player numbers are balanced, but 1 team has a load of high scoring players while the other team are privates. This is to keep the general balance of the game and make it fun for everyone. We try not to rebalance in a way that splits up clan members.

If we are unable to switch players and the teams are heavily stacked, after asking players to switch if no action is taken we remove players from the stacked side. If players join and switch back to the stacked side they may be banned

Rounds per Map:
Currently 2 rounds per map with all maps in rotation

Vehicles:
All vehicles can be used. Players may attempt to steal the enemy team's vehicles. Standing in the way of vehicles in order to force a TK on you as you wanted to drive will result in a kick or ban. You may not try to force a pilot/co-pilot out because you want a friend/clan member in their place - again a kick/ban. Stealing a vehicle does not give you licence to camp in an uncap, please see the notes regarding baserape

C4

C4 IS allowed. C4 is allowed on flags and crates

Bunnyhopping:

Our server allows people to use the jump key. Bunnyhopping/dolphindiving do not exist in bc2, so please whine somewhere else.

Language:

The language filter is active on certain racist words, triggering it will result in a ban that we will not lift. We don't mind some friendly banter (it's a 16+ game after all!) Please remember the rules regarding abusive behaviour though. The admins have discretion with regards to language, you may be warned or you may be kicked.

Punkbuster:
PB screenshots are taken automatically and is streaming to punksbusted/pbbans, screenshots are available to members at all times.
We make screenshots available to public on request on the forums (although we will strip GUID/IP info from them)

Making Room on a server:

We do not operate reserved slots, we will however kick a player to make room for a clan member. We will usually try to remove the player with the lowest score or ask the clan member to wait if the round is due to end shortly.

We now also kick to make room for people using our Teamspeak server, so if the servers full, drop onto teamspeak and we'll see what we can do.

Complaining about Rules:

Our rules in general are voted on by the clan members. If you have issue with certain aspects e.g. the use of unlocks, jumping or the use of the grenade launcher (tongue.gif). Please feel free to voice that in these forums. Ultimately the clan members decide these rules. Constant complaints in the server or insults based on the above rules (unlock noob etc.,) which can disrupt gameplay may result in your being kicked or banned.

Rules are subject to change without notice.
Based on the BF2 ruleset 13/11/2007
Last updated 13/02/2010

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Feb 13 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #2

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 54

I can imagine snipers would use their c4 on quads like they used to on cars and use them as mobile bombs, perhaps worth making a rule against this.

--------------------

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 13 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Security and Projects

yeah, I've been on the receiving end of a c4 laden atv. It's a crap way of blowing crates, but doesn't really benefit against tank etc., since the suicide is -100 and the kill is +50 (uness it's carrying people). Also probably less of a problem if we play conquest instead of rush, so no crates to blow up tongue.gif

On a side note, I occasionally used c4 on atv's in BF2:SF. Unlike the pure suicide approach, I at least tried to jump off the atv before hitting the tank etc., and detonate the c4 without killing myself tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Feb 13 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Knight Errant

Group: SM Guild Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 32

you have to think they will remove the ability to c4 the crates anyways? or make the c4 do less damage to them.. they are too easy to blow up that way.. i find it unbalancing

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 13 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #5

Security and Projects

Looking at a post in the members section regarding the admin tool, the server settings are :

Server Settings

Allows passwording of servers for clan matches
Enabling/Disabling of Punkbuster
Enabling Hardcore mode
Rank limit allow specifying min, max and ranges of ranks
Team balace ( -2 per side) and Friendly FIre (100%)
Enable/Disable: Killcam (showing the guy that killed you), the 3d map (although off by default in HC mode), crosshair, spotting with the Q key, spotting with the Q key appearig on the minimap and the ability to use 3rd person in vehicles.

No ability to stop blowing crates yet. Double checked the CLI info and there's nothing in there to cover it.
It may however be in the final release game, since I know a lot of people have been asking for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:46 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com