Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's up with SM server?
Sneaky Monkeys Forum > General > Public Discussion
♠ The Joker ♠
Don't know what is happening, but server is crashing every few minutes, been like 3 times in row today and I think that before as well ( there were 0/50 ppl almost all the time).
Can you explain what's wrong?

Regards,
♠ Solaire of Astora ♠
Thank you....
Porsuk
Thanks for reporting Solaire , we will keep eye on servers.

-those crashes are happening on every server or just one ?
-Crashes occurs on loadings or any random time ?
♠ The Joker ♠
Can't say if it is happening on both servers, I played only on limited archer one. It happens like a disconnection, a massive lag will appears sometime which will cause to disconnect every player on server and it will change the map. Then when I rejoin players are complaining about it, so it's not only me. Happend 3 times in a row yesterday (like every 5 minutes) and I really think that before as well becouse there were 0/50 for 3 days when I checked it.
Sorry for bad english, I hope that you can understand everything 😀
Porsuk
QUOTE (Solaire of Astora @ Mar 24 2015, 06:23 AM) *
Can't say if it is happening on both servers, I played only on limited archer one. It happens like a disconnection, a massive lag will appears sometime which will cause to disconnect every player on server and it will change the map. Then when I rejoin players are complaining about it, so it's not only me. Happend 3 times in a row yesterday (like every 5 minutes) and I really think that before as well becouse there were 0/50 for 3 days when I checked it.
Sorry for bad english, I hope that you can understand everything 😀

I understand , we will look into it.

thanks for information smile.gif
MonkeyFiend
The typical mass disconnect is related to the bug where everyone lags for circa 10 seconds. What happens at this time is the server (being ranked and whatnot) contacts the master server to update stats etc.,

Now the master stats server can get a bit busy, with thousands of servers connecting randomly, however once connected player state data is uploaded, when this happens the game server locks up for 'a fraction of a second' - it would be a fraction of a second with 24 players however the time it takes to make an update seems to increase exponentially.

At 24 slows, the lag is barely noticeable. At 32 slots (on multiplay officials) you'll notice it from time to time. On 50-64 slots when it happens, you'll definitely know it.

The problem happens not when theres a 5-10 second freeze for everyone, as this is bareable. But instead when the connection is closed from the master stats server end of things as a timeout. It doesn't close the connection from the game server (the game server still tries to send data) and will eventually timeout. This results in a mass disconnect of clients.

I stress here that the server doesn't crash/reset - the map that it's on should remain. In a restart the server will start up on the default (stoneshill). Someone joining mid-freeze will actually connect at moment everyone else DCs.

We've confirmed the issue is with the master stats connectivity (if you run the server unranked, there is no 5-10 second lag ro mass DC) however there doesn't appear to be anything we can do from our end to fix it. Nor is it apparently listed as a priority for the devs. LIkewise some of this functionality is to prevent people screating fake server connections and flooding the master stats server with garbage, something similar happened in BF2.

TLDR: not much we can do to fix it.
Sneeky
Called it! I had a good feeling it was because of TB! tongue.gif
Bucket
Well I know its annoying but then again I don't seem to mind it that much, given how many laughs I get while playing on the server. We'll just have to live with it I suppose.
MonkeyFiend
Forgot to mention we're able to run up to 64 slots with stability, if we didn't run them ranked

:S
AsDeR
QUOTE (MonkeyFiend @ Mar 25 2015, 02:15 PM) *
Forgot to mention we're able to run up to 64 slots with stability, if we didn't run them ranked

:S

That's... very tempting.
How about we use the carnage server for a 64 slot unranked madness?
Alex Eiffel
64 slots?

Mother of God...
Porsuk
i want 100 slot lovelovelove.gif
Yet Another Fool
Well, unranked 64slots replacing the carnage server would make me forget about the limited archer server. And maybe increase my subscription too tongue.gif
surprise_FIN
Unranked 64 slot? If I ever join that server I will go archer only, the amount of team damage to be received in melee...
TurboMidget
32 archers vs 32 archers wub.gif wacko.gif
The Malefic Trout
64p Archers Only <3
♠ The Joker ♠
Server with 64ppl would be interesting and fun ofc, but the pings are what matters me, they would be so high that it will be unplayable. But I will sertainly try 64p server 😃...if there is going to be some...I think that it is worth trying, but that's just my opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.