Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big mess
Sneaky Monkeys Forum > General > Public Discussion
TimeWave0
Duel server is a big mess when no admins around. Lot of ffa all the afternoon, unbearable players, and racism.
http://hpics.li/68d6aa8
MonkeyFiend
I'll start stamping down on this more. I've made some bans for Vq tonight for racism. I'll also start going through the chat logs and adding retrospective bans
Spath
Timewave is right. I visit the duel server every now and then and I am having problems each time. Today I banned two guys because they were ffaing and when I kicked them they would come again and do the same with attitude as well...
MonkeyFiend
QUOTE (Spath @ Apr 10 2015, 06:46 PM) *
Timewave is right. I visit the duel server every now and then and I am having problems each time. Today I banned two guys because they were ffaing and when I kicked them they would come again and do the same with attitude as well...

Has always been a problem for noob players, since the game mode is FFA on duelyard, some newer players think it's actually FFA rather than duel, so I usually kick these then eventually ban if they really don't learn.
If there's certain regular trusted players who frequent the duel servers, we could maybe give them admin. tbf there's not much to admin on the duel servers aside from speedhacks, racism and intentional TKing.
Spath
QUOTE (MonkeyFiend @ Apr 10 2015, 11:17 PM) *
Has always been a problem for noob players, since the game mode is FFA on duelyard, some newer players think it's actually FFA rather than duel, so I usually kick these then eventually ban if they really don't learn.
If there's certain regular trusted players who frequent the duel servers, we could maybe give them admin. tbf there's not much to admin on the duel servers aside from speedhacks, racism and intentional TKing.

If they were just noob players I would understand but these guys were high level players that had a certain purpose. When I kicked one of them for a second time for ffaing he even said when he came back "I can do this all day" and then he got what he deserved. Unfortunately most of them are just trolls and not noobs...
TimeWave0
Thanks for the quick reaction yesterday Monkey. I'm not saying that there should be an admin everytime, I just made the post because at this moment it was unplayable due to a high level of stupidity of some players.
Btw, when a noob start to ffa, I just tell them it's a duel server and they understand or they are kicked (and not coming back).
Problems, imo, are made by high rank players trolling, insulting, attacking when you bow (quick start), interrupting duels...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.