Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reporting Plou Plou bad behaviour
Sneaky Monkeys Forum > General > Public Discussion
Odio
Hello everyone, i go directly to the core, and sorry if my eglish may be bad.

Reason of the topic:

1- Plou Plou changed map to "Colosseum" (after we finished Drunken Bazaar, and he put game speed at 10%, just check it) without asking anyone and especially without opening a poll to see if we wanted to play it (it's long time i see he do it), then he canceled my 2 votes to change the map. After i reported in the forum what he was doing, and another player (i don't remember the name) opened another poll, Plou left the vote on and listen, listen, the vote succeeded and we finally go pack to TO maps. Strange thing? not at all, since no one asked for that map it is normal that peoples wanted to play TO maps. And even if he aske in chat and 2 peoples on 50 acccept that map change this does not mean anything, that's why you need a certain % on the vote poll. This happened around 3.00/3.05 oclock a.m. GMT +2
Here you are the almost full list of players/witnessers that were playing in that moment: http://s33.postimg.org/chyozg0en/20160523030608_1.jpg

2- Then, around 20.10 GMT +2 i enter in your server and there was colosseum, i think it was about 8 minute left until the end of the map, General Tanz opened a poll to change map, the vote was canceled, then i tried myself to open a vote too, that got canceled. Then again another player and then again General Tanz opened it again to see both canceled too. There was a last vote that was left on because the map was eneded anyway, Neojorge won the match. I maybe be wrong with the total votes, but im sure i saw General Tanz calling it twice plus one from me.
Here is the almost full list of all players/witnessers of that moment: http://s33.postimg.org/a83om2pe7/20160523201535_1.jpg

For me it's ok to play other maps, it is not ok that admin have to do it in that way, and that way is called "abusing admin's power". If the majority want to play a map, then we change and play that map. If you Plou, want to play a map, you should use the poll system, because forcing players playing a map that you want to it's not fair at all. Not to mention that all the times i was on and you do the intentional changes, even long time ago, i've almost always saw vote poll succeeded to bring back TO maps. Or why don't you just put those maps in the rotation?
Canceling votes from trolls or that has no reason to be done it's surely ok, canceling votes because you fear that it is gonna succeeded and so you can't play that map, well... this action talk alot by itself.

I hope i have been clear and detailed as much as possible. if you want more proofs like videos, let me explain it's really hard to predict the future to understand when pressing the registering button to catch him up while doing these bad action. Even worse, no one shuld expext such behaviour from an admin. (Now of course i pay more attention)

Yours is the only playable and funnier server of the whole chivalry game, have those type of bad thing should make feel bad. But things can be fixed, can't be?

Oh and please don't start to the same story you like to write: "But we are volounteer, we want to have fun... etc.." Because volounteer or not, payed or for free, happy or sad when you apply as admin you have to be neutral and then, first you are an admin, second a player. If not you can't be called admin, but only a player that can (ab)use the power whenever he need/want. And of course, if i don't give priority to adminship why the hell have i applied for that? If i don't like have that responsability, i don't apply at all. Think a bit, having powers can be delicious (yeah sorry i know this can be a bit off topic, but i want just to express my opinion in a gently way and not to be misunderstood at all.)

Thanks in advance, see you ingame.
plouplou
Althought i can understand your point, i still consider that you are the most boring guy ever...

Seriously, most of the people in this server spent a lot of hours and even spent years in it and doing the same maps again and again can be boring.
So yeah sometimes when it's late (so that people can still play the server "normally' during a full day, and not because i'm affraid of other admins like you said), i change for something let's say "fun" but i"m affraid you are not familiar with this word.
For example: The tavern is a map which only last 5 min. Man, if you can't stand that, i can't help you
Same thing with Colosseum, 10 min for FFA. A map that you could enjoy if you weren't that stuborn. Seriously we play chivalry, and you tell me that you can't stand a map with some cool and funny traps?

Man seriously you are the only one who is complaining about that. I got more "thank you" for the fun than "damn it not again this guy...". And you know why? I spent more than 1000 hours in this server and i can see that with time, many people are bored to do the same rotation.

It's never more than 1 or 2 " change maps" in day, so it's mean you have like 22 hours to play the maps rotation normally, because i mostly change for "new maps"near 1 or 2 am.

And one more thing: yeah when it's a very short map and that people are spamming the votechange option althought that the map just began since only 30 s, i cancel the votes.

And thanks for the Hitler thing in the chat, you are desperately worst than i thought...

Odio
I don't care about the maps itself (i wrote it, but maybe you didn't read mypost?), not even about all the thanks you get, i care the ways you use to force players to play them and that the fact you intentionally cancel the votes because you are afraid to go back to TO maps. And they (vote polls) speaks clear, if peoples don't want to play that map why you have to force them?

I hope admins will check the logs so they will find im only showing what actually happened.
Like i said, you want play your beautiful map? Why don't you put in rotation? Or why don't you use the poll to see if people wants to play it? Only bacause you have the admins power this does not means you are superior, not at all.

You didn't cancel the votes 30 seconds after the round start, you did during the whole match.
And, like i said, they are legit votes because no one asked for that map. I can understand in default rotation maps, that is another case.

Fun? it is subjective, what is fun for you it doesn't mean it is fun for another. Forcing "fun" is not fun at all in my honest opinion. But of course, like i said before, it is subjective.

I can even be the most boring guys in the world, but facts ar facts.
AsDeR
Canceling votes is something we do daily.
1. Most people spam votes
2. Most votes pass because people don't read them, just accept to get rid of teh message box
3. If an admin change the map into something different from the map rotation and a vote is made to return to the map ratation, it's usually cancelled. Map rotation will come back right after the current map, no need to vote for it.
4. A lot of player's systems can't handle fast map changing. If the map is just starting, voting is problematic.

Asking on the server if they want a map change and expecting more than 4 or 5 guys to answer is a fream.

If Plou Plou was constalty changing maps, without letting players play 1 or 2 TO maps inbetween, then that was bad.
If Plou Plou changed map once or twice every hour, I don't see a problem. Unless the whole server was an angry mod against the changes, which I doubt.

Again, I can see your point Odio, but I don't think it's as bad ans you make it sound. I'm sure if you think about it, a little variation makes the server even better. I believe Plou Plou would have stopped making map changes if you have said some thing like "Please, Plou Plou, can we play the normal maps now? I'm really craving for some TO." Or something similar.

@Plou Plou did you announce on chat that the next map was going to be X? Did you wait until the end of the current map? I usually do those two things before changing the map to citadel or some LTS and almost nobody complains.
Odio
I already said it is not the map itself the problem.
I already said the votes from me or from other players like General Tanz was made for changing a map that not all peoples like. We have that tool, why not use it? And if the majority vote to change, then there is nothing more to say.
I really doubt that peoples don't read the votebox, especially when talking about map change. To the other, maybe they do when you have to kick someone, that's why most of the votekick to high pingers fail (i do nothink they are all stupid, right?)

About the first time i reported, i don't remember Plou warn us about that map (but i can be wrong, it's hard to follow the chat while you are fighting). And anywya you have chat log, i gave you the times. But yes he waited the end of the round, i already wrote it. I don't know if you actually read the whole post or not. I think my english wasn't even so bad. And if you plan to cancel the votes because you want to keep the map, why dont you disable that function at all? If we can't use it, it's better not have it instead of the frustration to see a vote canceled.

About your 4. point. I said that i called the vote twice, and to the other report was called 4-5 times between me and others. This means they weren't called immediatly.

And again, if you have no fear that peoples will change the map, then why don't you leave the vote going on? Sorry but it sound totally suspicious to me. I mean, if i am sure that the majority want that map, im sure the vote will fail, then i don't even think to cancel it, especially multiple times in a row.

And again i want to repeat. I have nothing against little variations, but if you force the variations, this is calling power abuse.

"I believe Plou Plou would have stopped making map changes if you have said some thing like "Please, Plou Plou, can we play the normal maps now? I'm really craving for some TO." Or something similar."

Vote poll talked itself when left going on. So...
AsDeR
Well, it's clear to me that you won't listen to reason, so:

-Your complaint has been noted. We will review it and take the appropiate actions. Thank you for your support.
Odio
I don't listen to reason?
Sorry but what? I showed you all the facts.
By the way... thanks.
Yet Another Fool
You only demonstrated that what you like is what she should all like.

The owners of the server are the ones who decide what map the server is going to play. If you are not happy with that, rent your own (~30-70€) or play on another server.
That's not because 5 or 10% of the server (one player = 1.6% of the server population if full) doesn't want to play a specific map that there is abuse.

Just for the record, I don't like colossum neither, but I do respect other's opinions. So I don't say that because I like the map wink.gif
plouplou
Odio, you can still cry because Once in a day (and not every days) i change for a new map without voting it.

It's only one change for a fresh air, and then right after the rotation continue normally.
And again when i do that it's very late so you can play your precious TO games during ALL THE DAY

As Asder said, Admins can cancel votes, deal with it.

And if you can't stand it, then go to an other server.

As far as i am concerned, i'm done with you...

Odio
QUOTE (Yet Another Fool @ May 24 2016, 08:09 AM) *
You only demonstrated that what you like is what she should all like.

The owners of the server are the ones who decide what map the server is going to play. If you are not happy with that, rent your own (~30-70€) or play on another server.
That's not because 5 or 10% of the server (one player = 1.6% of the server population if full) doesn't want to play a specific map that there is abuse.

Just for the record, I don't like colossum neither, but I do respect other's opinions. So I don't say that because I like the map wink.gif

You didn't even read the first post if you answer in this way, because the majority voted to change (not only me, or whoever start a poll) ;-)

Thanks for the answers, but you should be clear that you allow power abuse, and you shouldn't hide it because it is blatant. I don't understan why you are so afraid to tell peoples the truth.
See you in-game. Have a nice week.

Over.
Spath
I will just say this:

As far as I remember, Plou was always a decent guy/player in the server and I never had any problem with him ever(or anyone else).

Hi Plou! tongue.gif
surprise_FIN
dude, you are just constantly spamming votes and I take it more annoying than admin once per day changing map out of rotation
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.