=R6= Raile
post Oct 31 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Knight Errant

Group: SM Guild Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 32

yoooo

Monkey has so kindly given me admin rights on you guys servers.. just wanted to say that while SM guys are on the server I'll try my best not to use the power to over rule anything you guys want going on. for example last night I wanted to change the map when we were on Tehran Highway as it's laggy as hell, so I asked Leborn if he was cool with it before doing it. Problem is I don't know each and every SM person so it's possible I might not even know someone is on.

So I just thought I'd post this up in case I do something to fuck someone off and then there's a post about me in the members only forum about how much someone hates me. wink.gif so yeah give me a shout if I do piss someone off rather than get angry behind my back!

oh and Mcjaffa will have admin rights too at some point.. as in as soon as I get around to forwarding him the email wink.gif

cheers

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Magik5
post Oct 31 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Paddle Master

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 30
Member No.: 50

I wouldnt worry about seeking permission, if youve got admin rights, its been given to you for a reason, as in your trusted enough to use it effectively.

Youve been around long enough to know how things work with us anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Oct 31 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

<General spiel:> For the benefit of everyone, all actions taken on the servers are logged. (Also we'll start retaining chatlogs 24/7 once I get a chance to build a SQL server)

I'd expect anyone, be them clan members or regulars with admin on the server to only take admin action in line with the rules. If our rules need changing, this should be by a member vote. Any dodgy admin action will result in admin being removed.

</end spiel>

That being said, at the end of the day everyone is here to have fun and if certain things are trollying the server population (like the laggyness of tehran highway) then it can be easily skipped (or in fact, I've removed this until the planned patch to fix it).

I believe Leborn is the only person listed on the front page that has a significantly different game name (Alvronde, I believe there was a problem getting the leborn name tongue.gif) so can generally assume if they're not on the front page they're not admin anyway. Further everyone listed as 'leaders' on the =SM= platoon page is either =R6= or =SM= members. Random players that we don't know too well are listed as members. (*this might change depending on what the clan want)

Tbh even if I was online I'd probably do a say all to the server if I was planning on changing maps even if there were no clan on, more just a courtesy to random players.

Either way, no problems from me. I'll just beaverig away looking at logs trying to find why the servers sometimes crash and spending my time acquiring and hashing cheaty memory injectors so the server anti-cheat will pick them up. I'll probably be playing a LOT more thursday onwards biggrin.gif

p.s. everyone ingame admin should work. Yell doesn't work on BF3 yet. Might be worth testing your admin out by kicking yourself from the server instead of leaving when you're done. Let me know if there's any problems

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Oct 31 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Knight Errant

Group: SM Guild Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 32

yeah I don't expect it to be much of a problem, just like in situations last night where I want to change the map but don't want to piss off someone else in SM who might have been playing, who perhaps didn't know about the lag issue or just wanted to play it anyway.. as Monkey said the @say command should help

+Quote Post
fido77
post Nov 1 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #5

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 1
Member No.: 124

@Raile: LOL. shouldn't =SM= members have their =SM= tags on? Do the tags show on the score board? I have not got to play enough yet to know for sure. Guess that could be something else EA could have left out. Thanks for not wanting to piss us off, cause we're gangsta up in this motha fucker and will be pimpin your ass out to Magik5 if you do. Have a good day sir. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:18 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com