> BC2 tips and strategies
K.
post Mar 9 2010, 08:09 AM
Post #1

Knight Errant

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 4,133

Since i'm a total noob at this type of game, i was wondering if any of the better players can provide some basic tips

little things you may take for granted that you have learned over the years of playing bf2 may make perfect sense to you but new players may not have picked up on

whether it be 1 on 1's, keyboard mapping, squad play, just stick yer Oar in here!

--------------------
WIP...

never build your exit to a deep mineshaft next to a lake.......

~Explorer Caste~
1. Always carry Lumber,Coal and a compass
2. Be prepared not to see the light for a good few cycles
3. Profit :D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Mar 9 2010, 08:26 AM
Post #2

Knight Lieutenant

Member No.: 54

Well although I'm not as good as some of the other people about I would say that spotting people makes a difference because you can still see where to shoot if they go behind a tree etc. I never hold down the fire button to kill someone unless in close range otherwise I always tap repeatedly (this method made the L85 10 times better on bf2) and finally noobtube EVERYTHING!!

Out of curiosity is anyone usually medical mostly? I've shifted to assault which makes the game completely different to bf2 when everyone was medical and revives were a common thing. Would be nice to know who to stick around with in squad play.

--------------------

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

+Quote Post
'aL
post Mar 9 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Page

Member No.: 4,168

yeah , some tips would be good !

i am interested to know how you guys are racking up so many points in a round , some of you guys rack up 5k plus in a round , i am lucky if i do 500, is it resupplying and healing that brings in the points or just a shed load of frags ? i need to level up much faster than i am now as i spend most of my time dead. any tips for point whoring ?

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Mar 9 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #4

Knight Lieutenant

The 5k points bonuses are due to reaching stat landmarks for example the bronze, silver and told stars are related to the amount of kills with each weapons, you get other badges for things like 100 squad resupplies or revives etc. It's just a matter of playing enough until you reach these sort of stats and then a flurry of bonus points should help you rank.

If you go medic you can get more points for squad revs than for a kill, another way to earn more points if you are finding a round particularly hard.

--------------------

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

+Quote Post
Magik5
post Mar 9 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #5

Paddle Master

Thank(s): 30
Member No.: 50

The main downfall we always have is the sticking together rule - a squad that sticks together with say 2 medics and 2 assault would make an almost unstoppable force when up against opposing infantry. However this never happens as people always run off on their own and choose their own path.

Sticking to the outsides of the map looking in makes it easier to spot people out - like 6 says, have your spot button mapped so its in quick reach as it will tag the enemy so not only you can follow them in trees/building but so the rest of your team know where they are as well.

Unless your capping a flag or pinned down by a dirty vehicle, you should constantly be on the move with your squad progressing to the next flag. Even if your defending a flag you should be trying to force the enemy backwards by pushing forward.

Oh, and reload at sensible times (something i have yet to perfect biggrin.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Mar 9 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #6

Knight Errant

Group: SM Guild Members
Member No.: 32

agreed on spotting
the only time you should ever kill an enemy without spotting him first, is if you are surprised by him or standing 10 feet away. otherwise always spot

also agree with 5. during the beta, practically noone was playing as a squad. as we all know from bf2 days if we go back to playing as a squad, then we will pzwn(!)

6...... just like back in bf2.. i see no reason whatsoever to play assault. yes you get a gl, but is it better then being able to revive people? i say no. get better at killing with your gun. near the end of beta, when i switched over to playing medic, i never played any other kit. it was just like in bf2 where i was raising everyone and no other squad could almost ever wipe us out cuz i'd just keep someone alive until all spawned in again and slowly wipe out the other squad.. i believe this will become the norm again eventually

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Mar 9 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #7

Knight Lieutenant

I agree with what you're saying about a squad sticking together 5 and I do try but I can understand when people get lost from the squad while looking for cover due to nearby enemies. It's not like on bf2 where you know there are no vehicles but on this if an apc is camping on a hill and you can't see it people start running in all directions. I think its just going to take time for people to adjust to the game more.

On another note about squad play, please don't join my squad if you're intent on getting in an apc or tank because that can half your squad and when this has happened it means you have no support as infantry. I much prefer being able to play with a squad who are more about shooting people than fixing machines. Not a rant, just an observation about how I play, if you agree then please do join my squad, I know 5 will agree.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Mar 9 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #8

Knight Lieutenant

I agree that if everyone went medic you would do so much better then other squads, but I'm enjoying my m16 too much, now that I have the m60 medical ia more fun but its just down to the fact I enjoy assaut more atm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Mar 9 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #9

Knight Errant

not saying you shouldnt play assault if you are enjoying it.. just that it seems IMO that to win, we are going to be having a lot of medics..

and tbh if guys got good at swapping kits again, that would go a lot further towards having assaults in the squad being useful (right now guys seem to suck at swapping kits, myself included)

+Quote Post
HYPOBOXER
post Mar 9 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #10

Man at arms

Member No.: 4,071

I had no idea there was a spot key. Well ill use that now. Really enjoyed the games last might and nearly hit lvl2 (Wooo). Did unlock the next Engineer weapon which made a big dif to kills. I have 3 days booked off work starting Thursday so hope to get a few more points in.

6 im with you, i usually leave the vehicles to other as I prefare to concentrate on Assault or engineer. Nowt worse than watching your teammates disappear into the distance in an APC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Mar 9 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #11

Knight Lieutenant

Good man hypo, my last day for the week is tomorrow so i'll jam with you on Thursday and beyond biggrin.gif

I have reved pepper a couple of times by picking up a medical kit but most of the time the guy who spawned in wirh the kit hasn't unlocked the paddles sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Magik5
post Mar 9 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #12

Paddle Master

Thank(s): 30
Member No.: 50

I partially agree with the medics but atm im not willing to play with that god awful pkm to unlock the next gun - i said 2 medics 2 assaults because imo assault has a major advantage over medics which is the ability to blow holes in the side of buildings with the nubtube. This really helps when trying to flush people out of buildings who are camping, especially when the enemies are picking people off from the roof tops.

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Mar 9 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #13

Knight Errant

uhhhg forgot about having to have to unlock the paddles.. well what i said will be more relevant once people have atleast gotten most of the basic unlocks outa the way

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Mar 9 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #14

Knight Lieutenant

Yeah the medical class is good once you unlock the scope too. Got paddled for the first time last night if anyone is wondering if you can do it. I've still yet to unlock anything on engineer and recon but I heard someone complaining that the g3 can be used with any class as an assault gun but not unlocked that either, anyone else managed to? If its a good gun and you can use it with a medic then I'd like to give it a go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Mar 9 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #15

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

Re: Vehicles... a squad controlling a vehicle is a very strong force. Tank allows main + gunner, APC allows a few passengers. However if a squad is controlling then typically you'd expect at least 1 or more of the people to be engineers and as such probably out round the back of the tank on repair duty and therefore spawnable. If you catch them on the offchance where they're all onboard you can always tell someone to hop out for a sec for spawning.

The spotting key Q has a harsh cooldown (it used to be 3 spots per 40 seconds, not sure what it is now) to stop people from either spam spotting on the hope of spotting someone they can't actually see or using those faggy macro keyboards to do the same. I usually use spot if it looks like someone is getting away from me.

Grenades, unlike the days of karkand are currently underused. Throwing a grenade in helps potentially soften up or disorientate people before you go in for the kill.

Myself, I've always been a noobtuber in every game I've played - oddly just finding something appealing about arcing long range shots. While I appreciate squad play and good teamwork improve your own, your squads and you teams victory chances I still just prefer the freedom of rambo'ing around going where the kills take me. As such I kill lots but I die lots too compared to people that go for teamwork.

I note there's also some easy points to be had e.g. equip tracer dart instead of a pistol, tacering a tank is pretty easy increase the damage dealt by AT rounds and gets you +30 points. Resupplying you squad with health/ammo gets you good points too, its good to spawm them ahead so squadmates run through them.

Finally: live to fight another day! I've often cheesed it away from hairy fights and hidden somewhere if I've been injured. Your health regens and you usually get a chance to reload before charging back in there again often with some newly spawned squadmates on you

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Mar 9 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #16

Knight Errant

thats a very good point about the live to fight another day..
now that everyone is essentially a squad leader (in that all can be spawned on), throwing your life away for just one more kill is sometimes a total waste, as had you lived for another second or two, your squad might spawn on you, and then you have a place to spawn back on them..

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Mar 9 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #17

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

when I was sticking my nose in to the stats last night, I noticed you've not played the retail game yet raile? wth sort it out man! (unless of course the stats are bugged)

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Mar 9 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #18

Knight Errant

no i havnt played yet
still working stupid hours till friday morning.. then going to morocco for 5 days. then come back and hopefully can find some time to play........

+Quote Post
Magik6
post Mar 9 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #19

Knight Lieutenant

Lucky bugger, Morocco looks sweet, we nearly went there while I was doing my dissertation but lack of funds stopped us sad.gif amazing hash out there, you must try some if you're willing to partake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post Mar 9 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #20

Knight Errant

considering the mental state i'm in after my last few months of work, i'll probably just end up lying around in my underwear in the hotel.
i'd kill right now for a weekend off where I didn't do anything.........

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 07:15 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com