IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Permanently IP banned from server for silly reason?
Ronan
post Jul 2 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Filthy Peasant

Group: Banned
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 4,906

Hi.

3 weeks ago I was playing on the 64 player TO server as an archer and of course a teammate kills me from behind. We both respawned at the same time so I shot an arrow at him which didn't kill him and then I get IP banned permanently after running off to do the objective.
I got no warning or nothing from the admin, he just bans me. For some reason I'm also banned on the 40 player TO server as well, in which I've only ever played on that one once or twice. I regularly played on the 64 player server and would like to continue to do so if the admin whoever banned me would be so kind enough to unban me now since it has already been 3 weeks. Username is the same as my name on this site.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zeripper
post Jul 2 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Squire

Group: Members
Thank(s): 77
Member No.: 4,511

We need to pin this one as a "how not to appeal for an unban" post.

+Quote Post
Ronan
post Jul 2 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #3

Filthy Peasant

Group: Banned
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 4,906

QUOTE (Zeripper @ Jul 2 2016, 08:46 PM) *
We need to pin this one as a "how not to appeal for an unban" post.

Thank you for your help mate, I'll sure come to you next time I need help.

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Jul 2 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #4

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

Actually I had some sympathy for this originally:mistakes happen, but less so now. Your post is disappointing - the admins can only take action on things that they see, so if you were unlucky enough to be TKed and then choose to revenge TK when an admin is watching, you get banned. This is why the server rules specifically say no revenge TKing on the message of the day screen as you join the server.

There was no warning. Nor is there anything that suggests warnings other than the message of the day rules need to be given. That's aside from common sense.

The reason you're banned on the 40 slot server - the bans link across all SM servers - 50 slot, 64 slot, 40 slot, 24 slot duel etc.

If it was my ban , given the post so far I probably wouldn't lift it as it contains no actual admission of wrongdoing, more that you seem to feel hard done to for being banned after breaking the rules.

Anyway it's over to the admin that made the ban.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bucket
post Jul 3 2016, 01:28 AM
Post #5

Knight Errant

Group: Veteran SM Members
Thank(s): 409
Member No.: 4,609

Not trying to be the devils advocate here but, getting teamkilled (in any game) can be pretty frustrating. Now I myself don't teamkill the person who killed me but it sure annoys me in certain situations such as getting a killstreak, flanking the enemy team, getting teamkilled repetitively etc. I can understand that you needed to 'vent' by shooting an arrow in his back but that doesn't really help the situation that being said I am pretty sure you're aware of that now (and hopefully before tongue.gif)

That being said, if we unban people for racist language why shouldn't this person deserve a second chance as well tongue.gif

Regarding the no warning, a warning is visually pointed at you when you join the server. For future reference, ask an admin for help if you get teamkilled (on purpose!)

In case you're wondering why we're so 'harsh' on the (revenge) teamkilling it is because it will create a storm where people will become Keyboard Justice Warriors and feel the need to teamkill the teamkiller. Example of this Sir_Big_DickKnight_420 teamkills Capt 420x0x0xpuss3yslay3r, now Nice Guy Fedora witnesses this and goes ''HOW DARE YOU, I SHALL AVENGE YOU M'LADY'' and teamkills Sir_Big_DickKnight_420, who then goes ''Oi u fucken w0t m8, I'll fucken shank u, u silly kont'' then proceeds to stab Nice Guy Fedora in the back while spamming laugh. Followed by an admin named =SM= Porky, ''THOU SAL NOT KILL THY BRETHREN, I MUST BANISH THEE WITH MY BANHAMMER, BEGONE FILTHY PEASANT!'' Basically this happens

Yes, I am bored biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Porsuk
post Jul 3 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #6

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 231
Member No.: 4,348

Hello,