> Terraria?, What a odd looking game :/ Looks FUN! :D
Leborn
post May 11 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Page

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 1
Member No.: 4,290

Hey-ho everyone, Leborn here again wink.gif and I got some news that you guys might find a bit interesting about a new game coming out soon.*people in the background* "Oh great ¬_¬ Leborn found another game" OK OK wink.gif just hear me out on this one. I have been searching around for a up-coming game to appeal to me. And so my eye was caught on this similar game that I do play a lot called 'Minecraft' *people in the background* "Oh great ¬_¬ a game like Minecraft, this should be fun to read" NOW now wink.gif listen me out, its a game which has been inspired a little by Minecraft, and lots of other similar games that you guys might of heard of or seen in the past. But in a nut shell its called 'Terraria' a rpg,side-scrolling, platform, free-roaming, survival..*huff* it's a lot basically. Some of you might of heard it in the past, but this game has LOTS! of potential to be a great game. Its hard to describe how...but if you watch 'Let's Plays' or even the trailer. Then you can see my point I am making.

Now if your interested in seeing daily news feeds or video trailers or 'Terraria' then follow the link below:

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGo7iMUcxLc

Main Website: http://www.terraria.org/

Now the reason why I have posted this now *and quite late after is was announced* is because with these types of indie games, its kinda difficult to see where the goal is on 'development' wise. And can be disappointing in the long stroke. But now waiting to see if it is worth talking and reading about...my conclusion is....IT IS! biggrin.gif also the game is coming out *predicted May to July* and I cant wait for it! smile.gif

Now when the game does come out, I am going to buy 2 extra copies of the game to give away to any of you guys. Now there is a catch wink.gif what you have to do to earn this amazing prize is too..........wait for it.........Buy me a BRAND NEW computer to play BattleField 3 ;D. Ok Ok Im joking smile.gif but what the catch is, is to answer this following question.....*its game related just to say wink.gif* In Portal 2, the character called 'Wheatley' is voice acted by who? now I will give it out to the first two people who answer the question correctly biggrin.gif

And as all ways guys wink.gif Happy Gaming! (=SM=)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post May 12 2011, 06:25 AM
Post #2

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

hmmm if this isn't made by the minecraft people then they've so badly ripped them off tongue.gif

Although 2d detracts from the whole lego type building of minecraft, at least it appears to be faster paced (one of my gripes with minecraft) - will be interesting to see how they implement the multiplayer and pvp thing smile.gif

Will keep an eye on the development of this

--------------------

+Quote Post
Leborn
post May 12 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #3

Page

Oh I should of said that "NO", its not the same makers of Minecraft wink.gif *Notch is no way staying close to this game*. Its made by a guy called 'Redigit' who is using the following language to create this game C# in the XNA Game Studio,*and he is a 24/7 game developer so he has said himself that Terraria will be updating almost every week or so, and when the game is released fully, they will still update the game even more with new bosses,weapons,items too collect, NPC to help you, etc....* Also there is a guy called 'Blue' who talks to the fans about all the questions related to Terraria, which is found here:

http://www.terraria.org/faq.html

Now.... *Da ja vu again wink.gif* how multiplayer works is going to work a bit like Minecraft, so its will consist of IP address being transfer to each other. It will also need a host domain to everyone to join. *So something like I did with Minecraft when it first came out when I created a server for all of you guys to join.* also Terraria is being published on 'Steam', so expect some kind of 'Coming Soon Terraria' message appearing on Steam soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post May 12 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #4

Knight Errant

Group: SM Guild Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 32

wow leborn that does look pretty funky

+Quote Post
McJaffa
post May 12 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #5

Page

Member No.: 34

Worms with Beards?

+Quote Post
Leborn
post May 12 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #6

Page

Urm....I got some news about 'Terraria', and this is really a surprised to me. Terraria will be released on May 16th on Steam but from what I know of, there is no official price announced yet, but I will post as soon as possible to when they have said the price.

Now this is so unexpected because they did say just not last week that it might be around July or so when it comes out. So Im really pumped to get this game next Monday biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Leborn
post May 12 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #7

Page

Also with the coming day of May 16th, when the game comes out, if you wanted to know more about the game developer called 'Redigit' and the community manager called 'Blue' follow this link below to see a interview someone has done with them and to see the development of the game from the makers point of you, and to see what content they will release when the game has come out.

Hope you guys enjoy me giving you news about this game smile.gif and hope to see your views on this game also, and maybe even see you play it! ohmy.gif *wink.gif*

+Quote Post
Leborn
post May 14 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #8

Page

Just a quick update on 'Terraria', it will cost about $10 *so around £6 or so* and you will be able to buy it on Steam this coming Monday smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post May 15 2011, 01:45 AM
Post #9

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

ohh will see what the reviews of it say if it's out tomorrow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Leborn
post May 16 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #10

Page

OUT-NOW! 'TERRARIA'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes the game is out on Steam biggrin.gif it costs £6 and I really recommend it too you guys smile.gif you wont regret it wink.gif

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post May 17 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #11

Knight Errant

any reviews out for this? a quick google search shows only amateur reviews/etc.. I'd love to read something from a bit more of an established source!

+Quote Post
Leborn
post May 20 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #12

Page

Hey guys me again smile.gif just to say i made a Terraria Multiplayer server for people who are thinking about getting it for multiplayer. *In the near future, they wont be using host server from computers, but making a online server list for everyone to join, so you wont need to make a server from home.* And about a review on Terraria, he is a link to the 'Dealspwn' website and there review on the game:

http://www.dealspwn.com/terraria-review-minecraft-60982

and here is another person thoughts about the game:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1892585

Hope these reviews help to give you guys a good understanding on what the game is like smile.gif

+Quote Post
=R6= Raile
post May 20 2011, 01:18 PM
Post #13

Knight Errant

that's a pretty good review. cheers Leborn!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:44 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com