Darksteel
post Dec 11 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 2
Member No.: 4,461

STOP changing the game speed!

Why are you even changing it in the first place ?

I remember one of the admins was making the game speed %200 when the objective was very close to finish. Now, for no reason game speed was reduced to %50. Yesterday night this was happened a few times.

STOP toying with the people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dithyrambique
post Dec 11 2014, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Squire

Thank(s): 3
Member No.: 4,372

Well, it's only one admin who love to do that.

I'm not gonna say anything since i change sometime map to tavern for fun '-'

+Quote Post
HackedPenguin
post Dec 11 2014, 11:08 AM
Post #3

Knight

Group: Old Git SM Members
Thank(s): 139
Member No.: 4,435

ABOOSE!!

Heh, not really, just for the LoLs tongue.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Dec 11 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

well for lols is fine, but usually when the server is busy it affects gameplay, especially if happening near the end of an achievable TO objective.

Usually if someone really must change the game speed then either when the server is quiet, or near to a game end (where neither team have a chance of the objective) and only for short periods.

Additionally changing gamespeed up to 200% causes the server to lag for a bit, everyone's pings will go up to 200ish.

If people are being disruptive with the game speed and we keep getting complaints the only options I have are to disable the gamespeed change command from general usage or just remove people

Hopefully won't have to do either option though

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marsche
post Dec 11 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Knight

Thank(s): 172
Member No.: 4,443

I'm pretty sure this is mostly aimed towards me, since I was the one changing it to 50% yesterday. 10 seconds later, Darksteel ragequit due to being killed by the player "Leading by example" which everyone of you already know who it is during the slow mo(according to atleast me). Which I find rather amusing.

I used to put it to 200% at different objectives when the timer was 30s left, but the last time I did that the whole server got kicked out(when the auto ping kick thingy actually worked?) excluding only me and a few players. After that I've never dared to try it again.

Decreasing the time however, I do every once in a while while im dead, but only for about ~6 seconds and I try to time it when many players are fighting. Why I do it is because I know that atleast some of the 49 players, who may be in a fight, will have an epic moment when they for example parry a giant messer aimed at their heads and then goes for the counter which will kill their foe in slow mo. Isn't that epic or fun in any way?

My sole purpose for decreasing the time for such a short period is to enhance the players' gameplay(exept the ones who are dead), and to show them that our servers aren't just bold and normal. Because the reactions we get in the chat from unknown and new players are often positive. Someone even said that we should create a script or something that automatically changes the gamespeed to 50% for some seconds every third minute or so.

But I can clearly see that "hardcore" and "stiff" players like Darksteel feels offended by these actions.

So if you guys want me to stop, then I'll simply do it, if it now causes so much trouble.

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Dec 11 2014, 03:33 PM
Post #6

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

well... if only darksteel hadn't left he could have set it back tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fido77
post Dec 12 2014, 07:04 AM
Post #7

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 1
Member No.: 124

Lol. Reading this whole thing only leaves me wondering how many years I have been amused by Monkey's avatar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darksteel
post Dec 12 2014, 09:25 AM
Post #8

Peasant

Thank(s): 2
Member No.: 4,461

Decreasing the time however, I do every once in a while while im dead, but only for about ~6 seconds and I try to time it when many players are fighting.

- It must be very entertaining while watching players that are killing each other in slow motion while you are dead and in spectate mode. I think you probably deactivate it when respawn.

- You have some wrong idea about slow time, it applies to everybody. It is not some kind of bullet time that everything around you starts slowing down and you can avoid swings or kill 2-3 players by the time. You probably don't know because you are dead.

- I was killed by KanaTheKana who was vanguard with zwei and wearing golden helmet and yellowish cloth when %50 was active at the stairs of the throne. By the way i was going to die even if there wasn't any slowtime.

well... if only darksteel hadn't left he could have set it back tongue.gif
I have never used or bothered to learn those kinds commands. I don't like to use the given powers for my personal amusement.

My sole purpose for decreasing the time for such a short period is to enhance the players' gameplay(exept the ones who are dead), and to show them that our servers aren't just bold and normal. Because the reactions we get in the chat from unknown and new players are often positive. Someone even said that we should create a script or something that automatically changes the gamespeed to 50% for some seconds every third minute or so.

The reason why the server is popular is;

1. 50 players (bigger better)
2. Good Admin System (most of the time there are admins watch over players so players know that they can play their games without getting any harrasment.)
3. Archer limit (nobody likes archers)

It is not for the fancy package but for solid taste inside.

All i can say say is, if you are going to change something tell the people beforehand.

+Quote Post
Liche
post Dec 12 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #9

Man at arms

Group: Banned
Thank(s): 7
Member No.: 4,484

And of course , Liche is there tongue.gif

8D

--------------------

Darwin

+Quote Post
LadyLootie
post Dec 13 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #10

Man at arms

Group: Trusted non-SM
Thank(s): 59
Member No.: 4,495

As much as I can completely understand what you're saying Dark, I don't think I agree with what you're saying to be true.
Personally, everytime I change the speed in game whether its faster or slower, everyone asks for more, everytime.

Everyone loves it, I often get told that that's why they like coming on our servers cause we let people have a bit of fun and it's not dead serious 24/7. Heck, a lot of people ask me to change the speeds to 300% and other crazy speeds, and I have to sadly tell them there is no such thing. People even complain that not enough of the admins do this kind of thing.

Yes, there are players, such as yourself, who prefer to keep it the standard game but majority of the people who come on the servers like the change every once in a while.
Obviously everything should be in moderation, but from what I see when I play on the servers, these changes dont happen often and not for very long.

So either I have the magic touch or I've been fortunate enough to only change the speed when there's been an agreeable crowd on the server, orrrrr people just like it xD

Basically what I'm saying is, most people do infact like the speed changes and only a minority of people don't like them/have a problem with them. And I dont see admins using these commands necesarrily for their own selfish amusement but rather the server as a whole (or I do atleast.)

Regardless, there is always going to be one or two people on the server who don't like it. But for every couple of people out of 50 who dislike it, the rest are enjoying themselves and having fun.
Just something to consider smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TurboMidget
post Dec 13 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #11

Knight Errant

Thank(s): 68
Member No.: 4,430

QUOTE (Darksteel @ Dec 12 2014, 10:25 AM) *
3. Archer limit (nobody likes archers)

But... but... I'm an archer sad.gif

QUOTE (LadyLootie @ Dec 13 2014, 01:40 PM) *
Basically what I'm saying is, most people do infact like the speed changes and only a minority of people don't like them/have a problem with them. And I dont see admins using these commands necesarrily for their own selfish amusement but rather the server as a whole (or I do atleast.)

Regardless, there is always going to be one or two people on the server who don't like it. But for every couple of people out of 50 who dislike it, the rest are enjoying themselves and having fun.
Just something to consider smile.gif

It's actually my experience that it's the minority that likes the changed speeds. Usually this is the more involved, more vocal minority of a server, hence why it might seem that the whole server wants it.

Personally I don't mess with the game speeds. It only seems fair to do so if the entire server would agree upon it and with 50 players, it's hard to hold a vote on it. Most players come to our server to play a normal, albeit huge, game of chivalry and want to leave it at that. I've seen other admins do it, but it gets old after about a minute and I ask them to change it back or do it myself. Right, pengu? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HackedPenguin
post Dec 13 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #12

Knight

Thank(s): 139
Member No.: 4,435

Bah, 200% game speed is awesome and 10-100% too for that matter. And tbh I've not done it in a looong time, but thanks for the heads up, I will now go to amuse myself (and other people if they happen to be on the server)

And Darksteel, don't take the game so seriously, afterall, it's just a game smile.gif

Modding game speed is still awesome, no matter what people claim >:(

+Quote Post
Yet Another Fool
post Dec 13 2014, 04:59 PM
Post #13

Knight

Thank(s): 98
Member No.: 4,499

That's a long time ago that I haven't seen a game speed change.
Last time it was increased, I killed half of my team sad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:36 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com