post Nov 3 2021, 12:19 AM
Post #1

Filthy Peasant

Group: Members
Thank(s): 2
Member No.: 5,758

Hello laugh.gif

SM is a great server and much fun fore sure, BUT:

As soon as the numbers of players increases, everything/everyone is lagging.

To the server host and the admins: I propose to limit the number of players to 40.

The lag is obvious and the admins notice it.

Most people don't complain. Maybe because they just want to play without thinking to much. And hey, thats fine.
But I know there are also a lot of people who are not happy about this. I hope they are on this forum and support me. I don't know if there is already any topic like this.

I just registered late night because I want this to change! Can't leave it untried.

Someone remembers the OA server? That's maybe an example.

So: Why not just do it? The rest of the people will join a classic or TO server and everyone can have fun without to much lags.

Good night everyone smile.gif

PS: This is not meant as an offense! There were some missunderstandings today. Sorry bout that, I'll work on my expressions. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Nov 3 2021, 12:47 PM
Post #2

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions smile.gif

The configuration of the server is voted on by the clan members, so if a member starts a vote for 40 slots and the majority approve then it would be set to 40 slots.

That being said I'd personally probably vote against that change. While lag in Chivalry is something that we have to live with I don't personally notice much difference between 40 slots or 60 slots. For me, the pings make more of a difference - so the few US players or South American players we get have more of an effect.
Also because I like the big epic melee battles of 64 slots I prefer the larger servers.

For the latter I assume this isn't just me. Over the years SM have had various servers including 40 slot, 50 slot, no archer, limited archer, 1st person only etc.,
Over the last decade the consistently most populated server has been the 64 slot TO limited archer setup, so again I suspect the silent majority favour this.

You mentioned the old OA Blood Throne server as an example, again that server died out.

Rather than changing the recipe for the most popular server, how about this?

If there is a significant number of players that would prefer the same server but at 40 slots, how about I create another server that's identical but at 40 slots?

If there are others that favour this the 40 slot server as you say, it should get populated.

Personally I suspect the the majority will still favour the existing server, but am happy to be proven wrong smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyFiend For This Useful Post:
hardworkingcrackwhore, Playla Diamond, Queen Munchkin
Bobdummy
post Nov 3 2021, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Filthy Peasant

Hi Monkeyfiend,

how can someone not see or feel any difference? I already notice a difference from ping 80. Yeah, maybe I'm just very sensitive. laugh.gif

No, we don't have to live with that lag, if we all would be willing to change it. It's obviously not working well with more than mb 50 players +. If people leave, it lags less. That's a simple observation and this point is certainly more important than the few US/SA players you mentioned.

In the last 7-8 years there were a lot of other servers where people from other countries with high ping joined. And you know what? Only they lagged. It's probably the big number of players which causes this problem in 1st place.

Ofc, it's not the past, much people left the game. That is a point for sure. But I'm sure, if you change the actual 64p server down to 40p, people will still join and play the same way as before. But you say that's your experience. Can't say anything about that as you know.

OA worked a long time. What do you think are the reasons it died out?

Yes, do the vote in with your clan members. I'm sure that you, MonkeyFiend, have no influence on their opinion at all..... laugh.gif

I think a lot of players would not even care if you would change it.

C'mon SM members, give it a chance! You will have fun with 40 slots! There will still be epic fights! With less lag! So EVERYONE has something from it! smile.gif

To test a second server with 40 people is a funny suggestion from you MonkeyFiend. As long as the 64p server exists simultaneously, people will join there. They are used to it. But I think you know that aswell.

If nothing of this works: What about 50 players? Or when did you do that? It's not the past, so maybe give it a try again. Do you think people won't join then?

And again, this is no offense. I just use direct words here and there. I know you can deal with that. Just saying in case. Missunderstandings happens so fast nowadays.

Have a nice evening.

+Quote Post
Dan
post Nov 3 2021, 05:19 PM
Post #4

Filthy Peasant

Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 5,759

Yeah it will be better for it to be 40p max.

I agree with my mate, most of the maps aren't even made for 64p. So hard to play sometimes.

+Quote Post
18jericho18
post Nov 3 2021, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Filthy Peasant

Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 5,761

Hello, I just signed up because Bobdummy asked me to support him. I have a similar opinion like him, it is just not fun with that much players. Over 50 players server laggs and its no more nice. Imo it should not be more than 45 or maybe 50.

+Quote Post
Queen Munchkin
post Nov 3 2021, 05:48 PM
Post #6

Squire

Group: =SM= Chivalry Group
Thank(s): 93
Member No.: 5,575

Hey Bob. Welcome to the forum. This post and writing seem a bit familiar. Are you that "Hunter" guy from yesterday and also "Objective truth exists"?

I found it a bit weird that you kept joining to criticise SM, the lag and was wanting maybe an argument? You said we admins are lazy and don't care at all.

You also seemed to hold me responsible for the lag and expected me to do something to fix it. Me, including other players too, found that annoying.

I'm glad though that you managed to find the forum to appropriately voice your concerns. smile.gif

So far I agree with MonkeyFiend, but I'd like to see what other people have to say too and neutral opinions, not just being called by people.

Maybe some of our regulars can participate?

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Queen Munchkin For This Useful Post:
Playla Diamond
Bobdummy
post Nov 3 2021, 06:11 PM
Post #7

Filthy Peasant

@Queen:
Great intuition! Yes you are right.
But it doesn't matter. It's not personal. It's about the server.

Why I said, that you don't care and are lazy is because people bring up this topic for years and nothing changed at all.
Who else should I ask or complain, if not the admins on the server?

I think you told me about this forum 1-2 days ago. Now I give it a try.

Queen, if you want an apologise for what I said, I have no problem with that. I was getting personal and I was wrong with that. I apologise.

If I got this right: MonkeyFiend said that the SM clan members vote about things like this. So your voice counts if you vote for something in the clan. That is a little bit of a responsibility.

If there will be a vote I don't expect you to vote for 40p, but who knows.

Edit: I hope you and the regulars are neutral. I think it's just fair that I ask some people to support me with this on the official SM forum.

+Quote Post
LMB BackStab
post Nov 3 2021, 07:30 PM
Post #8

Filthy Peasant

Thank(s): 4
Member No.: 5,646

QUOTE (MonkeyFiend @ Nov 3 2021, 03:47 PM) *
You mentioned the old OA Blood Throne server as an example, again that server died out.

As Old alliance member, I remember Blood Throne server was discontinued when mordhay launched and majority of old alliance changed game.

As for this topic, I personally dont have problem server being 64p. SM server is the laggiest server in chiv, but I dont mind it lagging. I and many regulars have endured many stages of lag in SM server, we got normal lag, we got timeskip lag, we got super lag when MF was no where to seen for 4 months. I will play in SM server what ever the lag is. (no offense to you guys, I know its best server money can buy)

Sure it would probably be less laggier with 40 player server, but in my opinion 40 players is too little ammount. If you decide to lower player slots why not come between and make 50 slot server.

Cheers, I'll scratch your backs in battlefield.
Backstab.

+Quote Post
Tαrtαrus
post Nov 3 2021, 07:50 PM
Post #9

Filthy Peasant

Member No.: 5,762

Good evening all,

Like Bob said, I am another in favour of a 40 player server. I believe that there will be a bunch of players that would prefer this, be in the current iteration of the server or another one. Please consider it.

Thank you.

--------------------
Tαrtαrus

+Quote Post
Playla Diamond
post Nov 7 2021, 01:10 AM
Post #10

Peasant

Thank(s): 6
Member No.: 5,719

Hi all
most times your pc and lan making a different to lag or not, i played chiv on 3 pcs, it even will help to turn off every lan/wlan else for example smart-tv/mobile/ iphone or whatever...and check your options for the grafics maybe turn down a bit, and close everthing else in the back- even steam- and check options for game on steam that no downloads are allowed while playing, maybe some tipps can help to get out the lagging;)
SM-64 was there and should be there...maybe its an option like monkey said to open another server for 40 player...
ps...
who call QUEEN MUNCHKIN lazy admin or make her responseble for the lags - IS WRONG
- BEST ADMIN
- get down on your knees and praise her respect;)
- its the queen of sm
- she should get paid for handle this kindergarten, and she is doing an awesome job!

NO HATE its all about the fun beeing chivalry;) cya

--------------------
! RESPECT IS A MATUAL MATTER !

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Playla Diamond For This Useful Post:
Queen Munchkin
Bobdummy
post Nov 7 2021, 10:17 AM
Post #11

Filthy Peasant

I played it on 2 PC's. I just got a new one 2 weeks ago after my computer died after 9 good years.
It's no difference with the lag.

MAYBE it is just really about the number of players...? wink.gif

And to the point with ANOTHER 40 player server: I don't think it is a good idea. I already wrote what I think about this. Just scroll up.

And to the thing with Queen: I don't know what the f*** is going on in this community. There were some very aggressive chats the last days.
I don't want to have anything to do with this childish nonsense I read there!

And I respect Queen as every other person. Don't need to go on my knees for that. Ik its ironic, no worry. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I just brang this topic up to make a change in the number of the player on the SM server.

See you in Chiv. Have a nice sunday.

+Quote Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobdummy For This Useful Post:
Playla Diamond, Queen Munchkin
Playla Diamond
post Nov 8 2021, 02:34 AM
Post #12

Peasant

Thank(s): 6
Member No.: 5,719

hey Bobdummy;)
i lost my best pc after 10 years-rip;(
but i play many years on sm 64 server...and yes sometimes the server is lagging for all..but sometimes just a lag for yourself...dont know your ping and options....
i just brought some tips i use ...

there was some very aggressive chats the last days?
tell more about it please im sure other will know it too...
its sad when that game turn into toxic especialy for nice player like munchkin is....

its ok when the player have fun talking stoopid and will forget a shitty week...fun is fun..party on and feel free..thats online and ok..but everybody have to respect borders/lines of no gos...

with that lagging maybe you point on a problem SM can change...
wish you the best-cu;)

--------------------
! RESPECT IS A MATUAL MATTER !

+Quote Post
The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to Playla Diamond For This Useful Post:
Queen Munchkin
Queen Munchkin
post Nov 8 2021, 06:04 PM
Post #13

Squire