Magik6
post Oct 11 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 54

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on building a new PC as I haven't had a new desktop since my uni days and while the laptop serves me well it doesn't do all the new games I want to play justice (I also fucking hate my ATI Mobility card). I have listed some specs which I have compiled myself derived from the 'bang for buck' scenario. Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated in trying to get the best system for the money, I will be doing things later on such as adding a SSD and a second GFX card hence why I have chosen the mobo I have. The prices I have listed are all from the following site ( http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=2 ) feel free to see what they have to offer, it is pretty much the only source of parts I can use for numerous reasons so if you are going to suggest any components would be helpful if they are on this site.

I can't imagine I would get any other CPU and my reasoning behind the GFX card is due to overclocking capabilities, if anyone could suggest a decent CPU fan too that would be great. Things like the PSU I honestly have very little clue what makes one better then the other so once again price has influenced my decision on this.

Anyway here are the specs, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

CPU = Intel i5 2500k ($233)
Mobo = Asus P8Z68-V PRO ($222)
GPU = Gainward GTX570 Phantom ($395)
RAM = Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 ($109)
PSU = OCZ Fatalt1ty 750W PSU ($130)
HDD = Western Digital 1TB SATA3 64M IntelliPowe CaviarGreen ($65)
Case = Antec Three Hundred ($65)

Total = $1155

--------------------

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Magik6
post Oct 12 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #2

Knight Lieutenant

Group: Clan Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 54

Yeah I had a look at their background and looks as though they are. Was quite impressed with the board's features for the money so think I'll switch to that one. Was also thinking of switching the PSU to a cheaper 600W one to save a bit, think this will still be good enough to go SLI with or would the 750W one be a better option?

--------------------

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:20 PM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com