> =FaRT= Clan New Server
=FaRT= skutaboy
post Feb 24 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Squire

Group: Newbie Members
Thank(s): 0
Member No.: 14

To all our friendly clans, I would just like to inform you that our new server is up and running: IP = 8.9.11.153:16567

Three map rotation currently set for Mashtuur City, Strike at Karkand & Sharqui Peninsula.

It would be cool if you visited us to help it get established.

Thanks,

=FaRT= skutaboy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GoochTyke
post Feb 24 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Knight

Group: Trusted non-SM
Thank(s): 1
Member No.: 59

INF only?

cool i like a bit of sharqi now and again:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lawpf2001
post Feb 24 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #3

Knight Errant

Group: Clan Members
Member No.: 43

ooh mashtuur and sharqi me likey

--------------------

+Quote Post
=FaRT= skutaboy
post Feb 24 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #4

Squire

Thanks Gooch for turning up almost instantly.... biggrin.gif

It was my first time on it too.
As far as I/O, I'm not too sure as yet. There were vehicles on the Sharqui map and I think there will be at Mashtuur too. Hopefully no vehicles at Karkand because they do my head in.

+Quote Post
GoochTyke
post Feb 24 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #5

Knight

Group: Trusted non-SM
Member No.: 59

BTW where is youre server based ? coz the pings were pretty shitty?

not that i had lag issues (but there was only 3 on at the time

also i dont mind vehicles now and then

--------------------

+Quote Post
=FaRT= skutaboy
post Feb 24 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #6

Squire

BTW where is youre server based ? coz the pings were pretty shitty?

I think we opted for a Chicago based server. Its a USA based clan remember!

A few regular forum attendees did a ping test over variuos cities to see what average we could get and Chicago came out best. New York would have been the best option for us Europeans but to be honest, I wasn't suffering from any lag at all.

Thanks once again Gooch, it was a long round.

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 25 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #7

Security and Projects

Group: Clan Dogsbody
Thank(s): 1098
From: A Magical Place, with toys in the million, all under one roof
Member No.: 1

oooh will have to drop by for a round or two... at least if I get shafted I can always blame it on the ping biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
=FaRT= skutaboy
post Feb 25 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #8

Squire

QUOTE(=FaRT= skutaboy @ Feb 24 2008, 07:00 PM) *
I think we opted for a Chicago based server. Its a USA based clan remember!

A few regular forum attendees did a ping test over variuos cities to see what average we could get and Chicago came out best. New York would have been the best option for us Europeans but to be honest, I wasn't suffering from any lag at all.

Thanks once again Gooch, it was a long round.

Ha ha Monkey, thats always been my excuse.
BTW, I was looking at BF2ccClient programs on the net and viewing the screen shots..........your name was on one screenshot ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 25 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #9

Security and Projects

QUOTE(=FaRT= skutaboy @ Feb 25 2008, 01:27 PM) *
BTW, I was looking at BF2ccClient programs on the net and viewing the screen shots..........your name was on one screenshot ohmy.gif

How do you mean my name was on a screenshot?? what screenshot!?

:s

--------------------

+Quote Post
=FaRT= skutaboy
post Feb 25 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #10

Squire

Select the Player Grid screen shot.

http://www.bf2cc.com/screens.htm

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 25 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #11

Security and Projects

well bugger me... the old [TKF] server.. back when BF2cc was shiny and new (now I feel old sad.gif)

1 kill and 12 deaths... shame on you 1st sgt monkeyfiend, shame on you! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
quasi_evil
post Feb 4 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #12

Filthy Peasant

Member No.: 4,215

QUOTE(=FaRT= skutaboy @ Feb 24 2008, 08:49 AM) *
To all our friendly clans, I would just like to inform you that our new server is up and running: IP = 8.9.11.153:16567

Three map rotation currently set for Mashtuur City, Strike at Karkand & Sharqui Peninsula.

It would be cool if you visited us to help it get established.

Thanks,

=FaRT= skutaboy.

I would not bother with this server, they ban people that are good so they can stat pad themselves. They blame people who use the chopper good, then ban and remove their forum accounts. Check out the site I put up to document this, Fart Clan Practices

Avoid these guys, they are bad news, bad admins and bad sports!

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 4 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #13

Security and Projects

An interesting read.. although I personally don't play BF2 anymore I was a Psb/Pbbans admin. I can't really suggest why you've had problems with fart clan - we've played against them a long time ago and never had any issues with any of their members or servers.

A couple of points though... I've no idea why certain individuals were banned such as clisk was, whether this was for breaking server rules or for suspected hacks. It's possible they had looked up this ban and thought it was the player in question (in fact without seeing the IP/guid of the player known as clisk I couldn't tell for sure whether it's the same person or a namespoofed account)

Obviously the nature of your site (registering a .info to put a clan down) is not going to be the most unbiased source of info. I saw a couple of comments like the ban section being removed - however it does appear to be there again. Also for server rankings, new releases such as me2 and bfbc2 have caused bf2 number to dimish further.

That being said it's been a long time since I've played with fart and probably don't know half their members or how they handle themselves, so the complaints may be just.

However I've always looked on it as the clan members pay for the servers (quite substantial amounts) and adminning a server is never particularily fun work, so perhaps on occasions clans can be cut some slack - we've caught our fair share of hackers in our team, but equally we've made a couple of mistakes too tongue.gif.

On the flipside if clanservers are truly poorly adminned, this administration will cause the servers to fail without the necessity of hatesites smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fido77
post Feb 5 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #14

Knight Lieutenant

Member No.: 124

i have played with the =FaRT= clan for quite a while and do know many of their current members. i have never had any problems with their admins. tho i have heard a few complaints from some previous members. their Mash server is usually full, so they have to watch it closely to make sure it stays fair for everybody. i dont know what particular problems you have with them, but good luck with whatever it is ur doing smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maniac
post Feb 5 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #15

Filthy Peasant

Member No.: 4,216

I am not an admin nor a member of FART, so I don't actually know why these guys were banned, just an interested observer who plays there and has a comment. I need not outline the situation because really you only need to visit their website and watch their video, they do a good job explaining what they do.

With that said; point #1: Spawn raping without intent to capture flags is allowed on some servers, but there are many that do not allow it. FART happens not to allow it and it is a valid rule that a server can have if they so choose, so FART specifically has the right to have this rule if they wish to. I notice that SM no longer hosts BF2 but it seems that when they did, they didn't allow spawn raping either. To wit: When Quasi-evil's crew is on MEC they go straight for the MEC tank, and take it directly to south gas, and spawn rape there(ostensibly, without capturing) until the blackhawk is shot down so they can steal it, no matter how long it takes. Stealing the chopper so you can whore it even when on MEC is of course legal and effective and I salute the ruthlessness of it. What's not legal is parking a tank on the spawn and killing people without capturing. As far as I know, FART never actually noticed this spawn raping taking place, so don't get me wrong- since I don't actually know why these guys were banned, it's entirely possible that they have a valid complaint over their ban; but it's only fair that people who read this know that Quasi-evil et al are willing to break posted server rules when it's convenient for them to do so. Hey, it's OK to break rules when it's a squad working together for a good cause, right?

Point #2: As far as being kicked for being "too good", let's just say that while teamwork is great and all, I don't know that flying around with 3 engineers hover fixing is anything to brag about. Has anyone noticed that Bad Company 2 is apparently going to eliminate hover fixing? If they do, and if that continues with BF3, it would be interesting to see if these guys stick to BF2 as the years pass just so they can rape with their BF2 blackhawk.

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 5 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #16

Security and Projects

We used to play Infantry servers where indeed spawn raping wasn't allowed... towards the end we had an automated system that warned and eventually kicked people, which made things a lot less subjective. As for breaking rules like this, assuming the rules are posted during loading or as message spam, if you don't agree with them then it's your choice to either play by them or to leave and join another server.

If the rules are odd (I remember a no swearing, no dis'ing christianity and no f2000 or grenade or GL server tongue.gif) then most people play elsewhere and the server dies. If the rules are straight-forward like "No spawnraping carriers" then people can play on a level playing field with others whom wish to spawnrape joining servers where it's allowed.

Either way I'm inclined to look doubtfully on the info posted on that clan practices site as by it's very nature is incredibly biased and potentially misleading and we don't have any counter arguments. That being said a clans responsibilty is to run their servers and not to publically justify their actions on 3rd party sites. (such as clan practices or here)

In essence clans/servers will be popular or die-out depending on how well they're adminned. Creating sites to put down clans/server seems like a waste of time (as it's unecessary) and seems a little childish

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lawpf2001
post Feb 5 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #17

Knight Errant

its a game... seriously dont like something go elsewhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyFiend
post Feb 6 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #18

Security and Projects

heh.. also I've been having a read over the fart clan ban appeals page and to me everything looks perfectly fine - couple of banning mistakes (which happens with all clans) that were rectified on appeal and the rest appeared to be legitimate bans that were explained.

Anyway.. I think that about sums up this topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quasi_evil
post Feb 8 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #19

Filthy Peasant

Member No.: 4,215

It is the manner in which they went about it. It is not smart to abuse users, we went on their site and had a long discussion, then they ban us. They deleted the 30+ thread post that we had a civil discourse on. The only reason for that is to keep the truth out of the public's view. It shows what they are made of and I don't think people should be subjected to their little behavior malfunctions. I will keep posting at Fart Clan dot info until a public apology is issues or the server is down.

If you visit any site that I have posted on, there is no rebuttal of fact from Fart, just name calling, so what does that tell you?

There are some posts about there (maybe deleted by now) of Fart admins saying they would not have banned us, but it is not up to them.

You don't need to fire rockets in to outer space to understand the what this clan is all about: They want good players off so they can make themselves feel better.

As far as banning people for being too good, just check out Clisk and Haw8. Those are the last two unless Fart censored the forums again.

As far as server rank, it is relative, so if the population drops on a game, all servers hosting that game feel the pinch. So their drop from 13 to 30 is not because of some other game, it is because they mistreat users and I am bringing that to everyone's attention.

+Quote Post
Lawpf2001
post Feb 8 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #20

Knight Errant

they pay for the server so they can do whatever they wish. Get over it!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:08 AM
Sneaky Monkeys Clan :: MonkeyFiend.com