Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor-Sniffing High FOV overheads
Sneaky Monkeys Forum > General > Public Discussion
Meowric
Monkey asked me to link a post as we've had a few comments about players (skyfall/tasty teardrop) using VG class, high fov 3rd person overheads (apart from increased view range, the 3rd person allows a player to present a slightly smaller target while still having full visibilty), something not possible in 1st person mode. Additioanlly the look-down aspect means the release of a shot has to travel 90 degrees less to reach the same point as a person standing upright, the travel time is a fraction of a second, but it's enough to give a major unintended advantage to those who do it correctly.

There's a post on the officil forumshere: http://www.tornbanner.com/forums/viewtopic...+a+bug+#p189103

Edit: as per the results of the public poll as well as the clanmember only poll, it has been added to the rules that excessive use of floorsniffing mechanics will result in warnings, kicks and eventually bans.

Floor sniffing: the use of high FOV 3rd person look down overheads. Since the usable strike begins to the rear of the weapon (at the players back), use of this mechanic reduces swing time of the weapons as it takes 90 degree less to reach the same point as a player standing upright, therefore gives a speed advantage. Such an advantage only exists in 3rd person as the player would be staring at their own feet - so would be pointless in 1st person.

If you don't believe this mechanic exists - use the command to draw damage tracers from both a standing and upright position.

Stickying this post

Meowric
Porsuk
Skyfall told me he wasnt using third person while i was telling him it is not possible. biggrin.gif

I just create a topic , while you were creating one. smile.gif

-for =SM= group
Steelshanks
Speak Not The Dark Tongue Of Mordor Here Evil One!
The Malefic Trout
Now you look like a necro posting fool, Shanky, mwahaha!
Steelshanks
QUOTE (The Malefic Trout @ May 4 2017, 09:34 PM) *
Now you look like a necro posting fool, Shanky, mwahaha!

Quite obviously you are to blame fish face!
Bobdummy
But using 3rd person in general is allowed, right? I play vanguard with Zwei very often and use 3rd person when I run. If I go into a fight I switch in 1st.
Just in case, that I don't get banned by accident because some admin thinks I'd use 3rd person in fights.
Bobdummy
But using 3rd person in general is allowed, right? I play vanguard with Zwei very often and use 3rd person when I run. If I go into a fight I switch in 1st.
Just in case, that I don't get banned by accident because some admin thinks I'd use 3rd person in fights.

Edit: Sry for double post.
Sir Robin (not so brave)
Yes, using 3-rd person view is allowed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.