Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not Banned but still
Sneaky Monkeys Forum > General > Public Discussion
DHJ_
Tonight I have been kicked with the accusation of intentional Teamkill / revenge teamkill. The alleged victim is Wisdom Like Silence. The Mod who kicked me should be Rotor.

I want hereby affirm that I have never, in my 800+ hours on Chivalry, I have never killed someone on purpose. When I am really pissed I try to clarify through the gamechat. When I am really mad for being intentionally teamkilled the most I do is to kick once(F) or kickvote the teamkiller.
The alleged victim did insult me (I have screenshot) in past for a dumb but not intentional teamkill from me. I did not respond to his insult. I did not bear a grudge against for the insult.
Today Wisdom Like Silence damaged me on purpose (I have not screenshots though) and I warned him to stop (I have screenshot). I don't know my td rate at the moment of the kick, but I think it was around 10%.
My td rate is seldom higher than 12% because I hate to ruin other players' game by damaging them.

I get teamkilled every day by comrades. I stopped asking for apologies a while ago, while I say "sry" as many times as possible when I teamkill/damage.
I am not a teamkiller. I have never teamkilled on purpose, and I will never do that.

Since I have had a very bad day and I was trying to relax when the mod kicked me, I am now quite displeased for what I see as an unjustified kick.

Regards
Sir Robin (not so brave)
I can understand your feelings, DHJ_. I'm not the admin who kicked you, so I'm not saying what he or she saw. I just want to clarify what happens from our perspective.

Often times when somebody "just" kick a teammate for whatever reason, the kicked party tries to return the kick or even to attack. Sometimes they don't know who kicked them and they attack the most suspicious looking one (yes, it happened to me a couple of times). Even if they get the right player, often this leads to others getting involved and chaos ensues. That's why we don't allow intentional team damage.

When I see somebody kicking teammates, even once, I may choose to kick them with a message, if I think they may miss the one in the chat. I don't know why they chose to kick their teammate and they may feel like the victim. But I saw a kick or attack, I know what often happens after that so I issue this warning.

Another thing you should be aware is, that it's much easier to spot players who do "bad" things, than players who behave. That is, you claim that you never intentionally team kill and I assume it's true. But there's no way for us to know that. Unless somebody specifically watched you playing and observed how you react on provocation (intentional or otherwise), we don't know.

What I'm trying to say is, that you should continue to play the way you described and not take this kick as injustice. In most cases we have no way to know the whole story so we cannot serve justice. The best we can do is try to make the server a pleasant place to be.
rotor
QUOTE (DHJ_ @ Dec 3 2016, 01:56 AM) *
Tonight I have been kicked with the accusation of intentional Teamkill / revenge teamkill. The alleged victim is Wisdom Like Silence. The Mod who kicked me should be Rotor.

I want hereby affirm that I have never, in my 800+ hours on Chivalry, I have never killed someone on purpose.
My td rate is seldom higher than 12% because I hate to ruin other players' game by damaging them.

I get teamkilled every day by comrades. I stopped asking for apologies a while ago, while I say "sry" as many times as possible when I teamkill/damage.

It gets chaotic sometimes esp. when there are ping/pkt loss problems and swings are everywhere.

I came online to check pkt losses and fixed it by banning some odd ones.

I gave you a warning not to revenge TD.

Bear in mind that others also have bad days/week and do not provoke or warn people by kicking/hitting them on purpose - this starts fights.
surprise_FIN
If you are having bad day, best option is just quit playing like I do
DHJ_
QUOTE (Sir Robin (not so brave) @ Dec 3 2016, 09:57 AM) *
I can understand your feelings, DHJ_. I'm not the admin who kicked you, so I'm not saying what he or she saw. I just want to clarify what happens from our perspective.

Often times when somebody "just" kick a teammate for whatever reason, the kicked party tries to return the kick or even to attack. Sometimes they don't know who kicked them and they attack the most suspicious looking one (yes, it happened to me a couple of times). Even if they get the right player, often this leads to others getting involved and chaos ensues. That's why we don't allow intentional team damage.

When I see somebody kicking teammates, even once, I may choose to kick them with a message, if I think they may miss the one in the chat. I don't know why they chose to kick their teammate and they may feel like the victim. But I saw a kick or attack, I know what often happens after that so I issue this warning.

Another thing you should be aware is, that it's much easier to spot players who do "bad" things, than players who behave. That is, you claim that you never intentionally team kill and I assume it's true. But there's no way for us to know that. Unless somebody specifically watched you playing and observed how you react on provocation (intentional or otherwise), we don't know.

What I'm trying to say is, that you should continue to play the way you described and not take this kick as injustice. In most cases we have no way to know the whole story so we cannot serve justice. The best we can do is try to make the server a pleasant place to be.

Thank you Robin for your clarification over the Admin role.
I have never been kicked for teamkilling on SM server(s). That should at least result on the server logs (no idea how much time they cover though). The same logs maybe report my td rate?
About the kick practice, I don’t want to embark in an argument on this topic: I’ll just say that as long as I have seen as player and as observer, if someone deserved a kick he won’t start a fight over it. About me, I used it no more than 6-7 times, mostly when I was a noob. (I know, I know: again, you got only my words).

Now that I remember, I think Aneki observed me a couple of times. That may not count, of course, but I had good matches this summer with him and Sir Joe.

QUOTE (rotor @ Dec 3 2016, 11:31 AM) *
It gets chaotic sometimes esp. when there are ping/pkt loss problems and swings are everywhere.

I came online to check pkt losses and fixed it by banning some odd ones.

I gave you a warning not to revenge TD.

Wait - wait - wait. I am not sure to understand. Have you kicked me for my pkt loss without warning me beforehand and then you added a warning not related to the real kick reason?
Bear in mind that others also have bad days/week and do not provoke or warn people by kicking/hitting them on purpose - this starts fights.

QUOTE (surprise_FIN @ Dec 3 2016, 03:41 PM) *
If you are having bad day, best option is just quit playing like I do

You know, there are foundamentally two kind of people: those who after a bad day go to the bar and are likely to cause some mess. And then there are those who sit at their table and drink silently. Well, I am the last one. A cup of tea, please happy.gif.

surprise_FIN
Wiasom Like Silence is just nabster whor relies on feinting with nabhander
=Mi-Molles= Guytoune
It's look like exactly the same situation, one week after me who as the same result:

- Trouble with same player -> Wisdom Like Silence (no teamkilling happen in the two situation)
- Expelled by same Admin
- Expelled for same reason -> Packet loss
- Expelled happen just after the trouble with player.

I found that strange, at all, something smell bad. All i have to said.
The Malefic Trout
It's because he always seems to behave when admins are around and no one ever provided any proof of him misbehaving. Please guys it's not that hard, download FRAPS and record him for a minute, upload to YT, bang, that'd be enough for us. Pretty sure you wouldn't appreciate being banned without evidence.
MonkeyFiend
Likewise I have absolutely no qualms of kicking players, regulars, people I'm friends with and even clanmembers who break any the rules. More specifically I tend to be harsher on regulars/clanmembers who I know are aware of the rules.

As usual though, I'd be more than happy to take action if people can provide proof.

I've heard accusations before, but likewise if you search on the steam chivalry forums for sneakymonkeys you'll find butthurt people flinging accusations about me banning them because they were too good and other such garbage. It's an annoying tactic since it damages the clan rep to random forum users while costs the posting account nothing to do so. Invariably the accounts are alts too. I've yet to see such an accusation backed up with any real evidence.

The point being, I've been on the receiving end of baseless public accusations that I know to be untrue and it's irritating. It's one of the primary reasons we need some form of evidence either in screenshots/videos or an admin verifying someone getting up to mischief.

It's also the reason we have a handful of non-tagged admins that even the clanmembers don't know of, as well as one or two who purposely to try to provoke admins within the bound of the rules using alts (Meowric mostly) to ensure that the banhammer is not being wielded flippantly. It's not foolproof but it's a balance between usability and monitoring and trust of the clanmembers.

Jairon
a handful of non-tagged admins (Meowric mostly)

Meowric
That's one dapper chap.

Just so you know tho meowric in chivalry was named after me. not the other way round.
I'm not even lying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.